Recessive Whites

Reccessive whites have bull or black eyes if the eyes are normal coloured then the bird is a grizzle basically pairing grizzle birds together gives you white birds that youve bred the pattern off in laymans terms but im sure Robert bennion will explain this in technical terms for you

thanks Pete , i have both black eyed and normal eyes

that help with my program

Just been reading about mendels theory of hereditary, I m just as puzzled.

Take your time with it and you will suss it out. Remember when line breeding you will enhance the bad points as well as the good points, so selection is paramount. What we are looking for are not visual traits, so they are harder to find. The visual traits may serve as indicators that you are on the correct lines. :)

Yes andy, using the colour of the eyes or plumage is good for understanding the theory but im not sure it will help in the breeding loft.

The basket used to let you know whether you were on the correct lines, but nowadays we are also looking for the lucky pigeons. I feel we need to use all the indicators we are able to, eye, plumage colour, body lines, feel, whatever, but once they are out the basket it is down to luck that they are able to avoid the hazards. :)