Traning

dunc50

Old birds id say maybe, young birds however need to be worked hard in my opinion as they thrieve onit

Good evening young sir :smiling-scarecrow-329: . It will always be hard for someone like my self to put up an argument with results like what you and your father have . But for me it's all about motivation for pigeons . :animatedpigeons:

If you want to win yb races 100% they need to be trained IMO If your not looking to win yb races and jst trying to get education then no they don't bt what I would say I'd expect all fanciers to give them a couple of tosses even 100 yards to get them used to coming out a basket before their first race, Because these are the doos that hold the convoy back IMHO :drinking-coffee-200:

Won't have to train these bloody celibate cocks

Had the hens out from 4 till 4-50 this afternoon

Then cocks from 4-55 they have just landed at 6-20 it's freezing out there and they have been racing the sky's

Far to early in season for this carry on

If you want to win yb races 100% they need to be trained IMO If your not looking to win yb races and jst trying to get education then no they don't bt what I would say I'd expect all fanciers to give them a couple of tosses even 100 yards to get them used to coming out a basket before their first race, Because these are the doos that hold the convoy back IMHO :drinking-coffee-200:

At one time a number of years ago my thoughts would have been the same as yir self young man :smiling-scarecrow-329: . But now it is a different scenario . As I've said to you before if you don't tell the pigeons it's their first toss or their first race the pigeons don't give a .*expletive removed* . And the first pigeon on the day is top DOG as the saying goes :peace-sign-258:

Sorry Geordie should have added that I do agree with what you said about basket training.

I was talking about up and down the motorway :emoticon-0136-giggle: .

Last year was this first time back on W/H and all the one mile tosses was just to learn the cocks that basket = hen .

:smiling-scarecrow-329:

:emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: