2016 Young Birds

THE FIFER

Guest jason

35 flying out and 5 left to wean in about another week.

That'll be my team of 40 then all my stock birds will be separated.

Then I'll concentrate on getting them ready for the first y. bird race on 16th July.(Stafford 62 miles)

have a couple to wean in around a week / 10 days (they will be the first) . majority are going away from the first round , sales , donations, and gifts etc . 9 to go from 2nd round from stock , so will hopefully end up with around 30 ish . spent an hour yesterday walking about with record books , making sure the right rings were on the gift birds etc :animatedpigeons:

Got 11 weaned, 6 of Ma own and 5 fae Jim Cullen. Second round been hatching out last 7-8 days and there appears to be 100% hatch so will get my planned 30-36 by the time the first race comes with some others into charity sales in April I should be split up again come May time. 😊😊

I had 24 youngster 1st time out the day ,all eyes changed early bred ,all over the sky have some home and in ,a few still to come its a worry this youngsters eh!!!

Phil I don't understand why you keep them in till their eyes change colour pal?

Personally our ybs are out as soon as they want to be as we put a ladder in the sputnik to let them walk in and out as they like...

Alan

Phil I don't understand why you keep them in till their eyes change colour pal?

Personally our ybs are out as soon as they want to be as we put a ladder in the sputnik to let them walk in and out as they like...

Alan

I will tell you what it is like a fool i bred early( my mistake!! ) got impatient ,now i suffer ill health Emphasema and Angina and i can hardly get about outside so cold ,winds ,frost etc half kills me trying to get breath ,so the birds had to wait for better weather ,i have done it this way before and it worked out ok,this time up to now have got them all back bar 3 so heres hoping for return of the three .

I will tell you what it is like a fool i bred early( my mistake!! ) got impatient ,now i suffer ill health Emphasema and Angina and i can hardly get about outside so cold ,winds ,frost etc half kills me trying to get breath ,so the birds had to wait for better weather ,i have done it this way before and it worked out ok,this time up to now have got them all back bar 3 so heres hoping for return of the three .

:smiling-scarecrow-329:

Up date Alf just 1 down out of the team i let out ,but as sods law would have it, a mealy i liked is the one missing so 2nd day out the day and got them all in, it took an hour or so .

Good stuff Phil :smiling-scarecrow-329:

• 4 weeks later...