Roundabout Loft

showman

You will need a door or some sort of opening in the partition to push the cocks/hens through into the pole section.

Hens out for exercise then push cocks into the pole section, trap hens into the nestbox section. Let cocks out for exercise, push hens back into the pole section, cocks trapped into the nestbox section.

You'll need to find a way of closing the sputnik so nothing can see in or out.

You will need a door or some sort of opening in the partition to push the cocks/hens through into the pole section.

Hens out for exercise then push cocks into the pole section, trap hens into the nestbox section. Let cocks out for exercise, push hens back into the pole section, cocks trapped into the nestbox section.

You'll need to find a way of closing the sputnik so nothing can see in or out.

Already in place Tony. The framework on the loft side of the sputnik has a hinged 'window' with opaque corriboard fitted. Thanks for your input. Cheers.

Make the box section bigger also

Sorry, why should that be ?

Because remember when you have paired up you will have quadruple the pigeons in the nest box section hens and ybs

I'd make it 8ft for cocks and 4 ft for the hens

Was thinking about that. Yes, when they're paired, space in the nest box side would be at a premium, and the hens side would be empty. I thought, maybe naively, that after the pairs are settled and possibly on eggs, why not just leave the sliding door fully open thus giving them access to the whole loft ?

Yeah mate you could do that...aint no hard and fast rules

Are you looking to do this for the coming season?

No, definitely not, just trying to get my ducks in a row for next year (DV) and keeping my eye on the fact I'll be trying to keep it down to a small team.