2016 Youngsters

hows your hatch rate doing ? have you weaned any/many ? anybody got youngsters going out yet ? :emoticon-0138-thinking:

fine , yes, yes. lol

a good hatch

ive 40 weaned another 19 rung in the nests

and around 20 flying from loft to loft

fine , yes, yes. lol a good hatch ive 40 weaned another 19 rung in the nestsand around 20 flying from loft to loft

40 odd perching. Racers been split a week and out everyday for the first time since October.

blimey , i am clearly some way behind here . only just have eggs hatching now :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

blimey , i am clearly some way behind here . only just have eggs hatching now :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

that's my ones near out the way just 1 or 2 from selected pairs to add

the stock are going down again for birds going out to friends, breeder buyers etc etc

this year with such a good hatch my racers will be free of y/bs weeks before the 1st race :drinking-coffee-200: :drinking-coffee-200:

Had a few probs with eggs being crushed under the birds , not sure If there is a issue with the eggs but can't do nowt .

have had 2 crushed eggs here Colin , 1 after a fight , and another by a keen hen . not the end of the world though /

we have 20 in the nest.all the rest have been given away. 31 in total for vodka etc, :emoticon-0136-giggle:

ive 19 to go out , will have to be 2nd round stock , but hopefully the weather will be a little warmer :emoticon-0157-sun:

Not great, 22 ybs in total so far, varying in age 3 seperated. lost almost the full 1st round , with birds coming off eggs , leaving very small yb to go cold etc etc, coudnt get to the bottom of it, then caught 3 young lads jumping over the loft roofs a few weeks ago, things settled now but running a bit behind where I would want to be.

Guest jason

hows your hatch rate doing ? have you weaned any/many ? anybody got youngsters going out yet ? :emoticon-0138-thinking:

40 youngsters from 42 eggs over 2 rounds, 1st round have been flying out about 6 weeks, 2nd round catching them up quickly.

My racers are not mated yet.

I bred 12 early young from stock to get 3 for the NCC single loft race.

I sent 3, 6 are flying out and 3 are missing in action. Even though I haven't seen a peregrine near the loft recently the remaining 6 are very unsettled so I assume predation has been the cause of the loss.

Really it's not worth breeding so early.

Hi Andy, Put 8 pairs of stock up with intent to take aronud 30 early bred for darkness. Brother f'd up by letting spare Ck's into breeding section and 4 nests got wrecked. Have 6 from the other 4 nests moving tonight and the wasted nests are all sitting again but reckon al need tae settle for 20/24 early bred now. Racers not paired but flying an hour per day since mid Jan with no losses to Percy (losing 1 a week last year to it before training started) so optimistic they will be well fit to pair up the week of the first race.