Natural

peter pandy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 3 year old Cheq Cock is my sole entry for the Gold Cup which is the Premier Race in Scotland, Is He Good Enough !!!, time will tell but he is the best Bird in the loft by a long mile and I could do no more for him with 1060 miles under his belt this season with his regime consisting of quite a few single ups every day leading up to the week-end and Wee Mary wanting to know if my motor has a petrol leak and why does it take 2 hours to go to the newsagent round the corner. :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: I can only wish like me your dream is fulfilled..

Their are times when I cannot remember what I went into a room for and other times I can remember conversations 40 years ago as if they had just been spoken,, One of those occasions occurred when I was sitting in the garden this morning reading the newspaper and baking as the temp hit 28 C. In a conversation with the late Edwin Newcombe we spoke about National birds and

the way they arrived at his loft from the distance and his reply was !! The birds you see hedge hopping are the also rans as the winners especially from 500+ miles are flying up in the thermals and only the extremely fit birds can get up there.. Now when I was working down in the Cotswolds the Loft was precisely 1000ft above sea level and I remember Gold Cup day when the birds went over the top of me at 1000ft roughly, So they were racing at 2000ft in the thermals and much cooler thinner air with birds being clocked at 20.00hrs.. Does it mean some will be clocked on the day ?. Time will tell especially if the birds are being looked after in the transporter and not baking in the heat.. Heat exhaustion in the basket will kill before the traps are opened and lead to many losses as was proved from Bovingdon in 2010..

The Gold Cup "Bucket List" is once again unfulfilled however one has to "endeavour to persevere" as the auld injun said to Clint Eastwood and hopefully next year will see it happen..

For those who are like moi,, don't be to disappointed as without losers like us there are no winners.. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: For those on Basics who clocked wholehearted congratulations :egyptian: :egyptian: :egyptian:

1st and 2nd section E are both related tae each other peter cant go wrong there :drinking-coffee-200:

I,m sure Dave Donaldson told me his section winners mother won sect and it's parents had done well in nats as well ,

Great family of distance breeding distance racers .

Not many about anymore .

• 3 weeks later...

After posting my last diatribe I went down to the loft and called the birds in for the night and was sitting on my perch wondering why my National candidates were not on the nest amongst one or two others which were awol… Unbelievably 4 nests were devoid of eggs and that was my season finished, Squirrel or Jackdaws I have no idea but reckoned on the latter with war being declared on both species. The very next day saw wee Mary feeling unwell and with me as sick as a parrot our domain was not a pleasant environment with Mary getting worse as the week progressed, Doctor was called for wee Mary who diagnosed and prescribed Salts and with her feeling even worse I called for an ambulance and she was whisked into hospital and proper attention prescribed Pneumonia, Antibiotics were pumped into her and she had a wee holiday for 5 days with nurses running to and fro attending to her needs.

Domestication is not my forte but I am trying my best and Racing Pigeons is the very very last thing on my mind..

• 1 month later...

With wee Mary back to her normal self and my useless administrations of domestication ""on purpose"" all is well on the home front.

Down in the loft was a different proposition with some malady knocking off youngsters in a 24 hour period and had me giving quite a few the Coup De Grace. Fortunately it was all from the birds I had obtained from my Late mate Eddy and they have virtually all been moved on.

With wee Mary back to her normal self and my useless administrations of domestication ""on purpose"" all is well on the home front.

Down in the loft was a different proposition with some malady knocking off youngsters in a 24 hour period and had me giving quite a few the Coup De Grace. Fortunately it was all from the birds I had obtained from my Late mate Eddy and they have virtually all been moved on.

good to hear you are both well :smiling-scarecrow-329:

Glad to hear that Mary is on the mend Peter :)

Thank-you for wishing Mary well, It has definitely been an awakener as to how quickly a loved one can deteriorate and how much work a housewife does, In her recuperation I curtailed her to cleaning one section of the loft only after she had removed all the straw as I felt it was a bit dusty for her and sharpened the floor scraper for ease of use hoovering out when done, I can now let you know that she has fully recovered her ordeal and has managed the entire loft without a tea break while I supervise.. Can anyone advise me on how to remove a sharp implement from my back.....

Thank-you for wishing Mary well, It has definitely been an awakener as to how quickly a loved one can deteriorate and how much work a housewife does, In her recuperation I curtailed her to cleaning one section of the loft only after she had removed all the straw as I felt it was a bit dusty for her and sharpened the floor scraper for ease of use hoovering out when done, I can now let you know that she has fully recovered her ordeal and has managed the entire loft without a tea break while I supervise.. Can anyone advise me on how to remove a sharp implement from my back.....

:emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: