Pigeonbasics Forum: Natural - Pigeonbasics Forum

Jump to content

  • (79 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Natural Daily Diary

#61 User is offline   peter pandy 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,933
  • Joined: 18-January 09
  • Locationscotland
  • Club:life

Posted 8 February 2016 - 22:45 PM

I had a PM from a Basic member asking about 1000 mile racing and if I was into it ? NAW I wisnae. The greater distance club started by Dave Smith was successful to a point with birds doing the business and I believe John Ellis was an exponent of the club along with a few others. It is a pity it folded when it did as perhaps next year I might have something that would be available. I would be very surprised if the extreme distance to Pau, Perpingon or Barcelona did not take 1 years preparation, suitable to an experienced bird that had flown near the 700 mile Niort race a couple of times. If I were to give it a go I would have a small shed at my daughter's house well away from another loft and have them on open bowl 365 days of the year making sure they were toughened up and happy. This year though I intend to give Davy Jamieson a fright from the longest National and if TommyBoys is reading this post he has already picked him out. Its a Cheq Cock I call the Grand as his ring Number is 1000..

#62 User is offline   peter pandy 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,933
  • Joined: 18-January 09
  • Locationscotland
  • Club:life

Posted 10 February 2016 - 13:06 PM

Well thats all the birds Vaccinated now and I noticed some are a bit on the heavy side so have put them on 25% Barley. Its that time of year to be thinking about nesting material so I am going to collect reeds and chop them into 8 inch lengths as it would appear that if they are too short or long they dont build their nests the same, Fussy beggars. With a Blue sky and a nip in the air the Cocks went out and up till they were dots in the stratosphere, I could have swore a passing Jet had to manouvre out there way, they were that high and its vapour trail had a definate kink in it.
The Barcelona Dream by John Ghent in the BHW had me saliving, and wishing I was years younger as I would give it a go with the birds I have introduced, confidence would be high. 3 youngsters I introduced in 2014 are now selling for £1500 with the sire producing fantastic National results in 2015 with the BICC at Barcelona.

#63 User is offline   andy Burgess 

  • TOP GUN
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin Team
  • Posts: 20,787
  • Joined: 25-August 11
  • LocationEast Lothian
  • Club:gladsmuir

Posted 10 February 2016 - 16:03 PM

View Postpeter pandy, on 10 February 2016 - 13:06 PM, said:

Well thats all the birds Vaccinated now and I noticed some are a bit on the heavy side so have put them on 25% Barley. Its that time of year to be thinking about nesting material so I am going to collect reeds and chop them into 8 inch lengths as it would appear that if they are too short or long they dont build their nests the same, Fussy beggars. With a Blue sky and a nip in the air the Cocks went out and up till they were dots in the stratosphere, I could have swore a passing Jet had to manouvre out there way, they were that high and its vapour trail had a definate kink in it.
The Barcelona Dream by John Ghent in the BHW had me saliving, and wishing I was years younger as I would give it a go with the birds I have introduced, confidence would be high. 3 youngsters I introduced in 2014 are now selling for £1500 with the sire producing fantastic National results in 2015 with the BICC at Barcelona.


first paragraph made me smile , especially the vapor trail. the 2nd paragraph , well your younger today than you will be tomorrow, so whats stopping you ? :emoticon-0138-thinking:
"north wales novice" no longer .

#64 User is online   geordie1234 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 11,954
  • Joined: 28-May 10
  • Club:Greenfield & SNFC

Posted 10 February 2016 - 16:49 PM

No for me having my pigeons fly the sky like that just now each to their own mind you

#65 User is online   Mossgiel 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 631
  • Joined: 9-September 12

Posted 10 February 2016 - 16:55 PM

View Postpeter pandy, on 10 February 2016 - 13:06 PM, said:

Well thats all the birds Vaccinated now and I noticed some are a bit on the heavy side so have put them on 25% Barley. Its that time of year to be thinking about nesting material so I am going to collect reeds and chop them into 8 inch lengths as it would appear that if they are too short or long they dont build their nests the same, Fussy beggars. With a Blue sky and a nip in the air the Cocks went out and up till they were dots in the stratosphere, I could have swore a passing Jet had to manouvre out there way, they were that high and its vapour trail had a definate kink in it.
The Barcelona Dream by John Ghent in the BHW had me saliving, and wishing I was years younger as I would give it a go with the birds I have introduced, confidence would be high. 3 youngsters I introduced in 2014 are now selling for £1500 with the sire producing fantastic National results in 2015 with the BICC at Barcelona.


I'm surprised "some are a bit on the heavy side" when they exercise like you have described. :emoticon-0138-thinking:

#66 User is online   dal2 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,088
  • Joined: 16-June 09
  • LocationEcclefechan, Scotland

Posted 10 February 2016 - 17:44 PM

Mine were fat tae.......but 5 weeks confinement sitting and feeding babies has sorted that oot lol

#67 User is offline   peter pandy 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,933
  • Joined: 18-January 09
  • Locationscotland
  • Club:life

Posted 10 February 2016 - 20:46 PM

The birds are not Fat but too well muscle'd up with heavy feeding and not getting their freedom due to the weather to keep them trim every day. Some guys keep them in all winter and feed rubbish but you do what you think best.
My birds are looked after 365 days a year and want for nothing as I am a great believer that even in the middle of Winter they should be in tip top condition which they wont be with having to eat more to counteract the cold and rearing youngsters. Just to put my tuppence worth in they have beautiful pink breasts and Blue flesh is not a result of to much protein.

#68 User is online   dal2 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,088
  • Joined: 16-June 09
  • LocationEcclefechan, Scotland

Posted 10 February 2016 - 21:11 PM

Mine were just fat

#69 User is online   cemetary 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 9,219
  • Joined: 8-August 05
  • LocationKingdom Owe Fife

Posted 10 February 2016 - 21:17 PM

Had mines out the day for the first time in a few months. No hassle with the chasing or flying, what a great day day for them, with a bit of sun made a great difference to them.

Also keeping the weight off them over the last couple of months have helped big time. :D
Rembrant2coo/Clocky Auld Bampots, ;D ;D

Holly Bank Lofts. :)

What goes around comes around, and i will be there to see it, ;)

#70 User is offline   peter pandy 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,933
  • Joined: 18-January 09
  • Locationscotland
  • Club:life

Posted 10 February 2016 - 21:17 PM

View Postdal2, on 10 February 2016 - 21:11 PM, said:

Mine were just fat

Like yersel in yer foto LOL LOL :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

#71 User is online   dal2 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,088
  • Joined: 16-June 09
  • LocationEcclefechan, Scotland

Posted 10 February 2016 - 21:19 PM

View Postpeter pandy, on 10 February 2016 - 20:17 PM, said:

Like yersel in yer foto LOL LOL :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

15 stane of pure muscle........only give maser the best during the winter.....my flesh is lovely and pinkish bluey lol

#72 User is online   cemetary 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 9,219
  • Joined: 8-August 05
  • LocationKingdom Owe Fife

Posted 10 February 2016 - 21:21 PM

View Postdal2, on 10 February 2016 - 21:19 PM, said:

15 stane of pure muscle........only give maser the best during the winter.....my flesh is lovely and pinkish bluey lol



Eye right. Must have drapped yir wallet somewhere. :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:
Rembrant2coo/Clocky Auld Bampots, ;D ;D

Holly Bank Lofts. :)

What goes around comes around, and i will be there to see it, ;)

#73 User is offline   peter pandy 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,933
  • Joined: 18-January 09
  • Locationscotland
  • Club:life

Posted 10 February 2016 - 21:25 PM

View Postdal2, on 10 February 2016 - 21:19 PM, said:

15 stane of pure muscle........only give maser the best during the winter.....my flesh is lovely and pinkish bluey lol

Awa Stevie, Yir chests doon at yir belly, Haw,Haw.

#74 User is online   dal2 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,088
  • Joined: 16-June 09
  • LocationEcclefechan, Scotland

Posted 10 February 2016 - 21:25 PM

View Postcemetary, on 10 February 2016 - 20:21 PM, said:

Eye right. Must have drapped yir wallet somewhere. :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Now now......its getting personal when ye start talking about ma wallet

View Postcemetary, on 10 February 2016 - 20:21 PM, said:

Eye right. Must have drapped yir wallet somewhere. :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Now now......its getting personal when ye start talking about ma wallet

#75 User is offline   yeboah 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 4,270
  • Joined: 16-March 10
  • LocationMOFFAT
  • Club:LOCKERBIE R P C

Posted 10 February 2016 - 21:27 PM

View Postdal2, on 10 February 2016 - 20:19 PM, said:

15 stane of pure muscle........only give maser the best during the winter.....my flesh is lovely and pinkish bluey lol

Looks green and white in yer photae lol

#76 User is online   dal2 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,088
  • Joined: 16-June 09
  • LocationEcclefechan, Scotland

Posted 10 February 2016 - 21:29 PM

View Postyeboah, on 10 February 2016 - 20:27 PM, said:

Looks green and white in yer photae lol

Always room for a bit of green and white mick........got away a bit frae fat pigeons lads!!

#77 User is offline   yeboah 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 4,270
  • Joined: 16-March 10
  • LocationMOFFAT
  • Club:LOCKERBIE R P C

Posted 10 February 2016 - 21:29 PM

View Postpeter pandy, on 10 February 2016 - 19:46 PM, said:

The birds are not Fat but too well muscle'd up with heavy feeding and not getting their freedom due to the weather to keep them trim every day. Some guys keep them in all winter and feed rubbish but you do what you think best.
My birds are looked after 365 days a year and want for nothing as I am a great believer that even in the middle of Winter they should be in tip top condition which they wont be with having to eat more to counteract the cold and rearing youngsters. Just to put my tuppence worth in they have beautiful pink breasts and Blue flesh is not a result of to much protein.

Same as you on that one no rubbish feed here although everyone s my friend at this time of year lean and meen lol

#78 User is offline   peter pandy 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,933
  • Joined: 18-January 09
  • Locationscotland
  • Club:life

Posted 11 February 2016 - 19:15 PM

Cocks went out at 0900 this morning and on and off they flew for 4 hours as I sat and timed them while I read the papers and done the crosswords. I have often wondered why they can all bang off simultaniosly for no reason !. Answer's Please if you think you know.

#79 User is offline   Delboy 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 13,501
  • Joined: 27-January 08

Posted 11 February 2016 - 19:28 PM

View Postpeter pandy, on 11 February 2016 - 19:15 PM, said:

Cocks went out at 0900 this morning and on and off they flew for 4 hours as I sat and timed them while I read the papers and done the crosswords. I have often wondered why they can all bang off simultaniosly for no reason !. Answer's Please if you think you know.


I hope yer spelling is better for yer crosswords lol :lol: :P
Derek Hay, Kirkintilloch

#80 User is online   dkj 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,265
  • Joined: 10-February 08

Posted 11 February 2016 - 20:00 PM

View Postpeter pandy, on 11 February 2016 - 19:15 PM, said:

Cocks went out at 0900 this morning and on and off they flew for 4 hours as I sat and timed them while I read the papers and done the crosswords. I have often wondered why they can all bang off simultaniosly for no reason !. Answer's Please if you think you know.


Hi Peter how will you set up your pigeons for the snfc channel races, reims/ ancenis/ ypres/ roye/
ie how many races. and what races and how you would feed and work them.
Thanks david
2nd open snfc ancenis 2013,
3rd open snfc ancenis 2013,
3rd open snfc eastbourne 2008,
4th open snfc ancenis 2014,
10th open snfc reims 2010,
10th open snfc ancenis 2013,
10th open snfc ancenis 2016,
11th open snfc ancenis 2015,

  • (79 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


  • Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders