Natural

peter pandy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With the sky turning Blue and white the last couple of days and the birds feed reduced the Hens have returned to 90 minutes exercise daily in a tight ball with plenty of vigour.

I have always when entering the loft in the morning checked out the droppings for firmness and white topped also where they are in the nest boxes as they stand on a wooden block and I expect the manure pile to be next to it and not covering the entire box, When like this then one knows they are not being disturbed when roosting and the environment is as it should be.

Down in the loft to-day and informed all the colony it was Xmas Day and if they performed like Turkeys next year they will not be seeing another Xmas Day. LOL.

I would just like to wish all my mates, A very Merry Xmas.. :santa-dance: :santa-dance: :santa-dance:

Merry Christmas Mary and the big dumpling

Delivering Xmas presents to my daughter, Findlay, [son in Law] mentioned "stupidly" that as he has not had a day of work this year he would treat himself to a fortnight loafing around the house, That was all I required to shovel in that I had slipped on the floor of the Loft with rain blowing in on the Westerlies making it deadly to Wee Mary, That was all I said and he appeared the following day and rectified the problem by re-installing and converting the window into a fixed louvre which is what I had in the Seventies.. When he had completed the job to our complete satisfaction I mentioned my new Green House and that will be erected when there is no chance of frost to damage the concrete base, I wont push my luck any further till then.. :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

In a recent phone conversation with a very good friend he asked when I would be pairing up ?, When I told him the 17th March his reply was that it was too late and do myself a favour,, So the old memory bank was put to use, As if it was yesterday and to be perfectly honest all the top fanciers paired round about St Patrick's Day which is the 17th March this coming year and I will be pairing then..

In a recent phone conversation with a very good friend he asked when I would be pairing up ?, When I told him the 17th March his reply was that it was too late and do myself a favour,, So the old memory bank was put to use, As if it was yesterday and to be perfectly honest all the top fanciers paired round about St Patrick's Day which is the 17th March this coming year and I will be pairing then..

Like I said to you Peter times move

Just ask some of the top fancers in your area big Derek hay. dkj .gus orr. ogilvie .strang .these men are top of there game

I'm new to all this and have one loft on natural and one on roundabout I am looking to no if you should pare up the natural doos shoud get pard up after the roundabout if so when is the best time to pare each loft up

Your natural birds will be quicker to moult when they are paired. If you want them to hold flights for a fuller wing then pair them later and limit how many cycles the hens come on

Like I said to you Peter times move

Just ask some of the top fancers in your area big Derek hay. dkj .gus orr. ogilvie .strang .these men are top of there game

Some people like to have them tearing the skies for hours at a time in December John and others like to be paired up and have eggs early January.

Some people like them tearing the skies in march and some people like to pair up march. But it’s the same people making the same excuses year in year out

I split my season into 4.... breeding OB’s YB’s Moult. I don’t try and breed and race at same time

Some people like to have them tearing the skies for hours at a time in December John and others like to be paired up and have eggs early January.

Some people like them tearing the skies in march and some people like to pair up march. But it’s the same people making the same excuses year in year out

I split my season into 4.... breeding OB’s YB’s Moult. I don’t try and breed and race at same time

Wise head on young shoulders with results to match

With the colony refusing to take a bath this past month the loft has a heavy coating of Bloom, At least I think its Bloom as I have not seen any of the inmates with a brush and tin of white emulsion. With them turning in at least 2 Hrs of unforced exercise I am quite happy regardless of other comments from those who would go against Nature and keep them ensconced within over the Winter period, breeding youngsters instead. Totally Unnatural..

With the colony refusing to take a bath this past month the loft has a heavy coating of Bloom, At least I think its Bloom as I have not seen any of the inmates with a brush and tin of white emulsion. With them turning in at least 2 Hrs of unforced exercise I am quite happy regardless of other comments from those who would go against Nature and keep them ensconced within over the Winter period, breeding youngsters instead. Totally Unnatural..

NOTICE TO ALL NOVICES !!! Take in everything Peter says, take notes and memorise it all. Once you know it back to front, DO THE OPPOSITE , !!!! lol. You and Mary have a gid New Year Pedro.

NOTICE TO ALL NOVICES !!! Take in everything Peter says, take notes and memorise it all. Once you know it back to front, DO THE OPPOSITE , !!!! lol. You and Mary have a gid New Year Pedro.

Aye Derek be a sheep and do what everybody else does !!!, Anyway 2018 was an exceptional year for you and well done, Do you think the ATX Heater I let you steal from me had any part to play in your success ??, A very Happy 2019 to you and the family.