Natural

peter pandy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beautiful afternoon here in the Metropolis had me filling the bath and letting the Cocks out only for them to stay put and fart about inside while I scraped and hoovered around them, Mind you their were a couple of Buzzards high up not wishing to move hovering on the thermals so I will persuade Wee Mary to buy some decent rockets now they are in the supermarkets for Guy Fawkes, They will shift them with a bang under their a*s*. :emoticon-0136-giggle:

ORBITUARY... Reading in the Daily Express last week about the murder which took place in Dalkeith Country Park. It was a dastardly deed with the victim found poisoned to death. However I am sure many fanciers will sleep a bit easier in bed now their is one less Peregrine in Scotia..

I the loft to-day I was going through most of them and found another youngster in beside the Cocks so I have 4 left from this years breeding, One in particular held my attention as it looked like body feathers were stuck half in half out so a closer inspection showed this L/B Grizzle had a few feathers which broke away when given a light tug, This no doubt is a result of the medical treatment they were given which has obviously affected this ones metabolism, Not to worry though as it will only have a couple of races next year then put bye to go through a normal moult which should see it 100% this time next year.

I was told that the treatment could affect the Moult and can only keep the auld fingers crossed that its a one off.

I the loft to-day I was going through most of them and found another youngster in beside the Cocks so I have 4 left from this years breeding, One in particular held my attention as it looked like body feathers were stuck half in half out so a closer inspection showed this L/B Grizzle had a few feathers which broke away when given a light tug, This no doubt is a result of the medical treatment they were given which has obviously affected this ones metabolism, Not to worry though as it will only have a couple of races next year then put bye to go through a normal moult which should see it 100% this time next year.

I was told that the treatment could affect the Moult and can only keep the auld fingers crossed that its a one off.

seen this before peter in lofts that never treat its down tae the illness that the birds had when moulting also heard them braking flights and tail feathers the next season very easy as the feather growth was checked in the moult due to the illness ive seen the tailing of the feathers in a whole loft before

All I can do Tommy is keep a close eye on the 4 youngsters left in the loft and hope they complete a decent moult.

In my Daily Express to-day there was an extract from the Microbiome Journal stating that people were more likely to get sick when curtains were closed !!, Their study found sunlight kills disease causing Bacteria that live in dust while darker conditions let them thrive. Researchers warned, Humans spending more time indoors where exposure to dust particles that carry Bacteria including pathogens that can make us sick is unavoidable !!!

Young Bird Sickness etc etc DARKNESS SYSTEM...

Twas quite blustery when I decided to put the Hens out to-day and did they enjoy themselves twisting and turning high up in the sky for a decent 40 minutes ?, You bet they did,, and I watched closely for any which were not performing keenly which could decide if the Virus the Loft contracted was still among them. I can honestly say they have shed the malady and look like racing pigeons again with their new coats and snow white wattles.

In all probability most fanciers would have said nothing and kept quiet however I am the opposite and would like to thank those who were in touch with advice and quack remedies..

Should to-morrow be like to-day weather wise then the Cocks will be turned out for a performance review..

All I can do Tommy is keep a close eye on the 4 youngsters left in the loft and hope they complete a decent moult.

In my Daily Express to-day there was an extract from the Microbiome Journal stating that people were more likely to get sick when curtains were closed !!, Their study found sunlight kills disease causing Bacteria that live in dust while darker conditions let them thrive. Researchers warned, Humans spending more time indoors where exposure to dust particles that carry Bacteria including pathogens that can make us sick is unavoidable !!!

Young Bird Sickness etc etc DARKNESS SYSTEM...

I have had it in natural and darkies in deffo years

I remember you spoke highly of the product " Flight Path" - is this treatment still given to your team ?

Flight Path Given on the First of the month to the race team, However the stock loft was never given it and this is where the "Virus" started, Only youngsters were affected But My time in the loft was severely curtailed July,August and September.

I am still a great believer in the product..

Flight Path Given on the First of the month to the race team, However the stock loft was never given it and this is where the "Virus" started, Only youngsters were affected But My time in the loft was severely curtailed July,August and September.

I am still a great believer in the product..

Thanks for the reply, Peter.

With high winds during the night and day it knocked out the power to my tool shed fuse box at 01.00 which in turn stopped the electric fence timer. Now stupid me reset the fuse box then went to open the electric fence without first resetting the timer to the correct time so I received a 10,000 volt kick.. No wonder I don't have problems with cats foxes or any other nocturnal vermin.

Cocks out to-day and after 30 Minutes were banged by a Bassa, Splitting them into two groups saw half disappear and the other half performing the fastest trap back into the safety of home,

2 Hours later the rest turned in safely with no losses although a wee touch nervous and no doubt I will be scraping slightly loose droppings the morra.

Oh aye I nearly sh it my pants..

Cocks out to-day and after 30 Minutes were banged by a Bassa, Splitting them into two groups saw half disappear and the other half performing the fastest trap back into the safety of home,

2 Hours later the rest turned in safely with no losses although a wee touch nervous and no doubt I will be scraping slightly loose droppings the morra.

Oh aye I nearly sh it my pants..

Just wondering Peter what do you gain by letting them out at this time of the year

Habit Davy, Normally I would have 40 Late Breeds at three months of age and they would be running, Learning the countryside and disposing of nest muscle to be replaced with better quality muscle which in my opinion if not administered will result in massive losses when racing begins as Yearlings.

Now I cannot remember the correct definitive name for it but in humans it can be done by auto suggestion where exercise tears muscle to be replaced by new firmer quality and stronger physic tendons. This was shown to me in the Mid Seventies by a Kung Fu expert and had me moving 405Lb barrels with ease.

Aint nothing wrong with Winter exercise which is why I am a fit and healthy 72 year old and hopefully still with all my faculties, Working in the garden Daily and exercising my brain with a Daily read of newspapers and a good book.

If you find I have not explained fully then no doubt we can continue at Clarkson in a week or two..

After dividing, the cells fuse with existingmuscle fibres, to regenerate and repair the damaged fibres. The skeletal muscle fibresthemselves, cannot divide. However, musclefibres can lay down new protein and enlarge (hypertrophy). ... Thus when cardiac musclecells die, they are not replaced.

After dividing, the cells fuse with existingmuscle fibres, to regenerate and repair the damaged fibres. The skeletal muscle fibresthemselves, cannot divide. However, musclefibres can lay down new protein and enlarge (hypertrophy). ... Thus when cardiac musclecells die, they are not replaced.

Aye that's why I let my hens out 24/7ish lol

This pigeon game is getting very complicated.

Thank's George, Hypertrophy was what I was looking for and you have named it precisely and is in all probability the reason for Young Bird losses with them still having nest muscle which diminishes quickly. I am sure I have stated this FACT before..

Aye that's why I let my hens out 24/7ish lol

This pigeon game is getting very complicated.

Not really complicated as it just stands to reason.. Losses multiplied with the Darkness system and fanciers believing that Young Birds "running" was something to be avoided because that system and basket training stops them running 50/100mls on their free will, The complication starts when WE think we know better than the bird..

Thank's George, Hypertrophy was what I was looking for and you have named it precisely and is in all probability the reason for Young Bird losses with them still having nest muscle which diminishes quickly. I am sure I have stated this FACT before..

Can't disagree as never heard of this ! Too clever for me .

But I don't train or race ybs and my late breds get locked up all winter having very little liberty , but the first nat I timed 1 later bred and had 2 more within minutes so not sure how it works .

Jmo

Let's look at this from a different view point, Birds locked up all Winter, but as we all know birds exert the most effort when taking off for flight, Now if your birds are on the floor of the loft say 12 times a day then they will exercise the flight muscles to reach a perch that amount of time. Feeding high Protein will replace the damaged cells and this is where Hypertrophy comes into play..

Well the first frost arrived this morning and devastated my flower bed especially the Dahlia's and Begonia's so that is more work having to cut the stems and lift the Tubers for drying before storing them away for the Winter, Lawn still needs another cut before the mower is cleaned oiled and put away !, Wonder if I can persuade Wee Mary to do it !!!.

Hens out and gone for 90mts while I cleaned and hoovered although most of the flock only have the last flight to throw and that will be that till next year. Mind you there are plenty of down feathers floating around so all is well..