Natural

peter pandy

Did the daily workout work ??? Well it must have as a 3 year old Late Breed Blue Hen came like a rocket in her first race of the season to win 1st Club 1st Federation from the 160 miler with 40ypm to spare. The odd thing about her condition was she was still sitting her first eggs of the season at 30 days and to-day 34 days she is still sitting tight and licking the backside of the colony at Daily training.. So that was the Silver Lining, unfortunately the Cloud which accompanied it was the loss of 2 Three year olds which I had high hopes for at the Distance !! You just know you are never going to see them again and I feel that is depressing hence the postponement of this post.

For this week's race at 190 miles it will only be my 19 Cocks with the exception of last weeks winner as all the Hens are being chased to nest feeding big youngsters and it should be exciting which is something those not on Natural are missing out on.

Wel done peter, what was your velocity?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do believe I should be thanking you guys who have kicked my *expletive removed* into making me get the finger out !, It was perhaps what was required as I have tried differing ideas which have not brought the results I would have wished for, So its back to my tried and tested regime of the past for the Colony and they do seem to be happy.

A 20 mile trainer to-day saw the Blue Hen back on her nest 20 Seconds before the gang put an appearance in so she looks like a definite entry along with 19 Cocks for the 190 miler on Saturday as long as she is still sitting tight on 36 day eggs. Fingers Crossed..

I do believe I should be thanking you guys who have kicked my *expletive removed* into making me get the finger out !, It was perhaps what was required as I have tried differing ideas which have not brought the results I would have wished for, So its back to my tried and tested regime of the past for the Colony and they do seem to be happy.

A 20 mile trainer to-day saw the Blue Hen back on her nest 20 Seconds before the gang put an appearance in so she looks like a definite entry along with 19 Cocks for the 190 miler on Saturday as long as she is still sitting tight on 36 day eggs. Fingers Crossed..

well done Peter , pleased for you :emoticon-0137-clapping: i wonder at what stage you slip this hen a youngster ??

well done Peter , pleased for you :emoticon-0137-clapping: i wonder at what stage you slip this hen a youngster ??

That idea has been going through my mind Andy but I don't have any young enough and another reason being their is nothing at stake so when she does decide to lift she will be going into the spare loft and brought back for a National race with her first youngster this year, It's all down to a bit of forward planning with extra encouragement..

Friday saw me sending 18 Cocks and last weeks winner the Blue Hen, I was sitting in the Loft when she came off her eggs and the Cock went and sat on them. Now last week she would not come off and was still sitting at 17.00 so I said to myself your past you best but sent her in case I was wrong to the 190 miler, Saturday came and they were away in a sky I term as dead with no Columbus clouds present and as I said to Wee Mary it could be a sore one to-day and put an ETA at 13.45.. At 13.49 I timed a 3 Year old L/B Cock feeding two large youngsters and chasing his Hen to nest to win 1st Club 3rd Federation then waited 20mts before another arrival, Jings I would have been lifting the wooden spoon if he had not been sent. :emoticon-0136-giggle: One hour after timing I had 17 from 19 home and I am still waiting for the missing two.

Cheers Kevin one can but try !!. This week has seen 100 miles basket training again without losses so now its down to what is happening in the loft, First of all I have a pair of 3 year olds feeding large youngsters and sitting eggs in a lower nest box, However their is a spare 2 year old Cock nipping in and feeding the youngsters when possible especially when the Cock is sitting the eggs or at the drinker after feeding and the squabbling starts, It could be interesting between the two of them this week-end. P.S. the 3 year old Cock was last weeks winner.

The wee Blue Hen sitting 42 day eggs and still keen was given a newly hatched baby this evening and that is her set up for Buckingham Nat next week, Its a case of nothing tried nothing ventured !!..

Cheers Kevin one can but try !!. This week has seen 100 miles basket training again without losses so now its down to what is happening in the loft, First of all I have a pair of 3 year olds feeding large youngsters and sitting eggs in a lower nest box, However their is a spare 2 year old Cock nipping in and feeding the youngsters when possible especially when the Cock is sitting the eggs or at the drinker after feeding and the squabbling starts, It could be interesting between the two of them this week-end. P.S. the 3 year old Cock was last weeks winner.

The wee Blue Hen sitting 42 day eggs and still keen was given a newly hatched baby this evening and that is her set up for Buckingham Nat next week, Its a case of nothing tried nothing ventured !!..

brilliant , fingers crossed for you :smiling-scarecrow-329:

Cheers Andy, I am looking for a house to rent over your way with large garden for loft, P.M. me if you come across anything suitable in the future.

ive just sold one , will have another for sale soon (ish) both with lofts in the garden . nothing to rent though . try the exchange plan , may work for you ?? and again , very best of luck .

The 2 Year Old Cock that was causing a bit of disturbance when feeding 2 youngsters without their Sires permission came in to take 2nd Club 10th Fed at the 240 miler, The wee Blue Hen has been over the moon all week with the baby she now has and is my sole entry for the Buckingham Nat, She is carrying a couple of quid which will no doubt weigh her down if past experience runs to form. Mind you if she could talk she would call me all the b#ggers for giving her a sore backside sitting all that time on solid calcium. Best of luck to all this week-end as the forecast I have is a repeat of last year "THUNDERSTORMS"..

Well the wee Blue Hen duly put in an appearance albeit out of race time however its 100% returns and I am happy enough as she had no weight loss, she will now have a break till basketing for Reims along with all the 3 year olds in the colony. 100 miles per week training should keep them on their toes..

Well the wee Blue Hen duly put in an appearance albeit out of race time however its 100% returns and I am happy enough as she had no weight loss, she will now have a break till basketing for Reims along with all the 3 year olds in the colony. 100 miles per week training should keep them on their toes..

ah , some good news at least :drinking-coffee-200: :drinking-coffee-200:

Last Thursday I was out of bed at 02.30 with cramp and while waiting for the quinine to kick in I switched the telly on and watched the satellite weather forecast for the future 5 days. Now it had been my intention to send 14 to Buckingham with the Nat but on watching the forecast decided that 1 would be sufficient as I could not see a race happening before Tuesday. When attending to duties at Wishaw marking station I said as much to anyone who asked my opinion that the N/E wind was bringing down 700 miles of heavy cloud cover from the North Atlantic into the North sea affecting the whole of the East side of the U.K. which was my reason for leaving the team at home. I was not surprised the birds were liberated as the domino affect took place where some had liberated so we had to go too.. Now "supposed" is a word I don't accept in my vocabulary with it suggesting "chance" so when it was supposed to clear further North taking a "chance" with a prestigious National race should not have happened.

I dropped a Red Pied Cock at the 240 miler and sitting waiting the following Sunday afternoon for the Wee Blue Hen my heart missed a beat when the Red Pied dropped one week late at 15.30. Wee Mary said will it win the Nat and was not to pleased when I said are you colour blind !! However having a glass of lemonade poured over ones head does wonders for cooling down.. Anyway last Saturday their was a 160 mile comeback race and I dumped the Red Pied into the basket with the thought's that you are always last whether its training or racing and even then you just wont trap, So if I don't see you again it will be too soon. Saturday and my ETA is 15.45 and 15.47 what arrives and decides to check out all the neighbours roofs before hitting the landing board and doing a wee jig with me having murderous thoughts, He finally dropped in to say hello and what a clever lad he was at 15.50 and was beaten for 1st by 30 secs ending up 3rd Club 5th Fed.. Aye the Red Pied.. :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

What do fanciers really know about pigeons ???. "f" all as the above tale proves,, Steve I have 15 candidates for this week all 2/3 year olds but am sorely tempted to put my 2 year olds bye for the season and send my 3 year olds to Maidstone as although they have only had 2 races they have been putting in 100 miles weekly training since the beginning of May, Marking day will have me going over them as they are earmarked for Reims..

Having decided to put the 2 Year Olds past for the season and on checking my team sheets I noticed that a couple of 3s had only been to 140 - 160 miles and a 6 year old only had the 160 miler so it was the 3 to send to Maidstone 380 mile. With a lack of confidence they were only carrying the Guttie on their leg. Race day saw nothing and the following day had the 6 year old Hen turning in, Which is the burd that had a holiday for 2/3 years in France.

Gold cup will have me sending a 3 year old Cock which has put in 960 miles so far this year with total confidence of a performance from him.. On the home front I have a trapped nerve in my Buttock giving me grief BUT Wee Mary says I have always been a pain in the *rse..