Natural

peter pandy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I reckon dropping the six might have had something to do with not being educated tho :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Detracts or just normal fanciers Peter. Snaw aff a dyke pal always. I hope some work in you might find a gem bit you will need to kiss loads of frogs with your methods.....please stop and consider just doing it as per .....you can still race natural without reinventing the wheel.

I've always found latebreds to be an absolute waste of time,money and effort. Stock loft for them....only reason to breed them in my opinion.

cocks I was 2nd and 4th open snfc , Hen 2nd section 11th open rennes All latebreds never seen a basket as youngsters

My mother was 40 when I was born ,says it all

Must be Fechan Philosophy your quoting lol

cocks I was 2nd and 4th open snfc , Hen 2nd section 11th open rennes All latebreds never seen a basket as youngsters

My mother was 40 when I was born ,says it all

Must be Fechan Philosophy your quoting lol

agree with the latebred system .

and loving the last statement Mick :emoticon-0123-party:

The past week has been a wee bit difficult health wise so have taken a bit of a back seat.. The 6 I dropped at the 58 miler saw another 2 return through the week so 4 missing from 16 was not earth shattering.. This past Saturday saw me sending 14 untrained Hens to 85 miles and dropped 2 so at the moment I am quite happy although not setting the heather on fire that is not what I am about. This week at 135 miles will see all the colony basketed and with quite a few Hens covering a 6 day youngster one can only hope it will encourage a bit of incentive.

This morning saw me basketing all my 2/3/4/5 year olds for a trainer in the transporter at 30 miles and the weather turned rather unpleasant when waiting their return with the wind gusting and rain falling but it did not stop them and were all ensconced within the loft in an hour, rather pleased as it was their first time in a basket since June 2017 and just for the record all are Late Breeds in actual fact every bird in my loft is a L/B.

In an earlier post I wrote of the best birds I have ever handled as they were of a special type !! Well last week I put through at the Armadale club house another special and remarked to the owner David McBeath "Daviedoo on here" that it was the best pigeon I had handled that night and to watch for it.. This week-end saw it topping the Almond Valley Federation.. Aye I can still pick them out.

Best laid plans and aw that !!!!, Well, up this morning and an overcast drizzly sky had me deciding the trainer with the transporter was going to be a no no, so opened the loft with the temperature 8c and went to the Newsagent for the morning papers, 12.00hrs and the sun put in an appearance and a lovely afternoon peed me off with wishing I had sent the older birds for a 30 miler. It rather looks like it will be L/B Hens this week which will probably be their last race this year with them all down on a single 6 day baby come the week-end.

I have already posted somewhere that I had many a conversation with Emiel DeWeerd from Koremarkt the Barcelona champs and all his Yearlings and older birds were Latebreeds with his entire Young bird race team sold off after the young bird races was completed. It has to do with the family being late developers !!.. One mans meat is another's poison..

With a look at my daily diary to-day I could only count 16 hours of sunshine for the entire past week and temps you would expect in January, I decided to send 5 young Hens which were covering 4-6 day babies to the 140 miler and was surprised to find they were liberated at o7.45 this morning as it was Black solid cloud here in the metropolis and the Fintry Hills not to be seen 6 miles away, However I have every confidence in the Convoyer and assumed this was only local and reckoned 3 hours would be good enough which came and went as usual with my confidence, 3Hrs 25Mts saw an arrival with my second 7Hrs behind that and still not rewarded with the wooden spoon as others were in the same boat. My local neighbours flying with a different Fed were experiencing the same fate from a differing race point so all in all the Metropolis has taken a bit off a hammering to-day but their is always next week to right the wrongs.. P.S finished the day with 3 from 5..

Two Hens missing from yesterday saw them return late this afternoon so ended up all home, Where they get to is anybody's idea but they were well down in body so from to-day I have the colony on 60% Beans'Peas'Tares mix and 40% Sunflower with a handful of Red Band at Lunch Time. With Cocks starting to look at their Hens this week the need for more Protein is essential and will be increased as time on the wing goes up so will the muscle needs upping to increase Blood flow.. With some serious training the heavy muscle will convert to swollen light muscle hopefully bringing on form..

About 14 eggs hatched out in the colony and were shifted about to accommodate those whose didn't so decided to ring them and will treat them as candidates for the Y/B Nat, With quite a few Hens looking to go down on their second round it will upset the apple cart somewhat especially the 2/3 Year Olds which I had intended sending this week for their first race however that's life where I am concerned and it will only mean going further than intended to start them off. All is well and the Midland Fed will be treated with the inclusion of the Merry Mack team for a couple of weeks..

The only problem with flying the Natural System is the lack of exercise round the loft, So to counteract the problem the training baskets have been brought back into play and daily training resumed, 20 miles along the Motorway daily is far enough and where they initially took about 35 minutes, this has been reduced to 25 minutes.

I should be able to send 30 this week to the 160 mile stage which should be a nice starter for the older race team..

The only problem with flying the Natural System is the lack of exercise round the loft, So to counteract the problem the training baskets have been brought back into play and daily training resumed, 20 miles along the Motorway daily is far enough and where they initially took about 35 minutes, this has been reduced to 25 minutes.

I should be able to send 30 this week to the 160 mile stage which should be a nice starter for the older race team..

nae update this week u must be last again peter :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Did the daily workout work ??? Well it must have as a 3 year old Late Breed Blue Hen came like a rocket in her first race of the season to win 1st Club 1st Federation from the 160 miler with 40ypm to spare. The odd thing about her condition was she was still sitting her first eggs of the season at 30 days and to-day 34 days she is still sitting tight and licking the backside of the colony at Daily training.. So that was the Silver Lining, unfortunately the Cloud which accompanied it was the loss of 2 Three year olds which I had high hopes for at the Distance !! You just know you are never going to see them again and I feel that is depressing hence the postponement of this post.

For this week's race at 190 miles it will only be my 19 Cocks with the exception of last weeks winner as all the Hens are being chased to nest feeding big youngsters and it should be exciting which is something those not on Natural are missing out on.

Did the daily workout work ??? Well it must have as a 3 year old Late Breed Blue Hen came like a rocket in her first race of the season to win 1st Club 1st Federation from the 160 miler with 40ypm to spare. The odd thing about her condition was she was still sitting her first eggs of the season at 30 days and to-day 34 days she is still sitting tight and licking the backside of the colony at Daily training.. So that was the Silver Lining, unfortunately the Cloud which accompanied it was the loss of 2 Three year olds which I had high hopes for at the Distance !! You just know you are never going to see them again and I feel that is depressing hence the postponement of this post.

For this week's race at 190 miles it will only be my 19 Cocks with the exception of last weeks winner as all the Hens are being chased to nest feeding big youngsters and it should be exciting which is something those not on Natural are missing out on.

there will be no stopping you now peter :drinking-coffee-200: