Breeding Preparation

I do not wish to tell any fancier that preparation prior to breeding should be a priority however at this time of year my birds are out weather permitting and flying 1-2 hours daily and enjoying the sky to themselves although should one of the neighbouring lofts do the same then its nice to see them flying to-gether.

As I dont pair till the full moon in March which is the 23rd this year, come the middle of February I will remove all the birds from the first section, scrape the floor "which is done daily anyway" then remove all the plastic V perches and soak them in Vircon S. Hoover all the dust from walls and all surfaces. I will then gas burn every inch of the section followed by spraying everything including the roof with Vircon S and replace V perches . the following day when dry, I will vaccinate and one spot all that goes back into the section and move onto the next. Perhaps by carrying out this procedure over the years has helped in avoiding YBS.

I do not wish to tell any fancier that preparation prior to breeding should be a priority however at this time of year my birds are out weather permitting and flying 1-2 hours daily and enjoying the sky to themselves although should one of the neighbouring lofts do the same then its nice to see them flying to-gether.

As I dont pair till the full moon in March which is the 23rd this year, come the middle of February I will remove all the birds from the first section, scrape the floor "which is done daily anyway" then remove all the plastic V perches and soak them in Vircon S. Hoover all the dust from walls and all surfaces. I will then gas burn every inch of the section followed by spraying everything including the roof with Vircon S and replace V perches . the following day when dry, I will vaccinate and one spot all that goes back into the section and move onto the next. Perhaps by carrying out this procedure over the years has helped in avoiding YBS.

since you seem to have to much time on your hands you can come thru and do mine :emoticon-0136-giggle:

I ,or should i say the wife and i,scrape floor put down loft white ,open boxes put in bowls then straw ,leave birds to get on with it check when i think there is young to ring and hay ho nature is a wonder full thing ,rung some cracken youngsters this week ,simplicity is the way for me now a days.

Is it werewolves yer breeding or somethin Peter?haha