When To Pair?

I pair first 12 pair up on Feb 1st, next 12 pair on Feb 7th and last 12 pair on Feb 14th all are placed on Darkness. Being doing this since 1994 and seems to work well.

Are you delaying there form for the later racing by staggering the matings Andy ? I suppose your birds aren't remated after this?

To get the most out of your youngsters they're best put on the darkness BUT bare in mind darkness is not a system, tis just a way of ensuring they're in better condition than if you kept them natural(moult). There's two main ways of racing babies, one is to split the sexes as they reach maturity and run them together the day of basketing, the other is to encourage them to pair and race them paired. I guess the deciding factor for yourself is how often you can train them, racing them paired requires more training.

Are you delaying there form for the later racing by staggering the matings Andy ? I suppose your birds aren't remated after this?

Correct Del

To get the most out of your youngsters they're best put on the darkness BUT bare in mind darkness is not a system, tis just a way of ensuring they're in better condition than if you kept them natural(moult). There's two main ways of racing babies, one is to split the sexes as they reach maturity and run them together the day of basketing, the other is to encourage them to pair and race them paired. I guess the deciding factor for yourself is how often you can train them, racing them paired requires more training.

Correct Tony

• 1 month later...
Guest robscott

young hens sitting 12 day eggs is a good system,choose which race you want to target yb national best bet,count back 21 days from friday (yb national basketing day (friday) ) then your hens will be sitting 12 eggs come basketing day for national race.tremendous certainly worked for me :-)

I pair first 12 pair up on Feb 1st, next 12 pair on Feb 7th and last 12 pair on Feb 14th all are placed on Darkness. Being doing this since 1994 and seems to work well.

Andy Do all these young birds go on darkness ,if so does that mean u add the 2nd and 3rd round to the first ,or are they in different sections, hope not to confusing .