Ring Colours

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know that Davie? I was at the show yesterday and Linda didn't have the rings yet. :)

Funny that I got the North Fed rings dropped off at my door last night from a member that was at the show ,so she must have had them

Funny that I got the North Fed rings dropped off at my door last night from a member that was at the show ,so she must have had them

She was busy at the time and I asked Ian Noble about them. Obviously a bum steer, but then again, Ian had been busy all day as well. :)

Edited by Kyleakin Lofts

so we are getting 2016 ring in 2015 i think thats WRONG

The rings are available from 1st January 2016. The SHU has to distribute them to the Federation Secretaries to allow them time to sort them into batches for the Clubs. The Federation Secretary has to distribute them to the Club Secretaries to allow them time to sort them into batches for the fanciers. The Club Secretary has to distribute them to the fanciers from 1st January onwards.

Fanciers should therefore not receive 2016 rings during 2015 because you are quite correct, it is incorrect for it to happen any other way. :)

It is the same comedy every year at this time I have a member who will contact at Christmas looking for rings others will not pair up till March.Incidentally I got a letter from Unikon this morning asking me to join our club to Unikon Club at an annual cost of £84.We have never joined Unikon Club,I wonder if anyone else on this site has experience or knowledge of the supposed benefits of membership of Unikon Club.

so we are getting 2016 ring in 2015 i think thats WRONG

"We" are not getting rings in 2015. As you are obviously unaware I am secretary of my federation. I spent my Sunday attending the SHU council meeting and AGM and collected my federations rings from Linda Brooks. I will probably spend part of my Christmas holiday sorting the rings out and will no doubt have someone phoning looking for rings around the 2nd of January. If you are not happy with the situation get your delegates to raise it at the SHU or better still go to the AGM yourself. I would be quite happy to get the rings sent out after new year and sorting them at my leisure. I assure you none of my members will have rings before 1st January. By the way only eight federations were represented at yesterday's meeting and only ONE other member could be bothered turning up for the AGM. Apathy rules !!! Rant over

The system has worked well as far as the Solway is concerned for the ten years I have been SHU delegate, as has already been explained the rings are obtained from Linda at the December meeting ,handed over to the federation secretary who sorts them out for the clubs and makes them available to club secretaries from the first week in January.

I was unable to attend the meeting on Sunday because of an inability to drive after a cataract operation and I notified the secretary accordingly.