Ring Colours

"We" are not getting rings in 2015. As you are obviously unaware I am secretary of my federation. I spent my Sunday attending the SHU council meeting and AGM and collected my federations rings from Linda Brooks. I will probably spend part of my Christmas holiday sorting the rings out and will no doubt have someone phoning looking for rings around the 2nd of January. If you are not happy with the situation get your delegates to raise it at the SHU or better still go to the AGM yourself. I would be quite happy to get the rings sent out after new year and sorting them at my leisure. I assure you none of my members will have rings before 1st January. By the way only eight federations were represented at yesterday's meeting and only ONE other member could be bothered turning up for the AGM. Apathy rules !!! Rant over

so you have got 2016 rings and oh yes it is 2015

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We" are not getting rings in 2015. As you are obviously unaware I am secretary of my federation. I spent my Sunday attending the SHU council meeting and AGM and collected my federations rings from Linda Brooks. I will probably spend part of my Christmas holiday sorting the rings out and will no doubt have someone phoning looking for rings around the 2nd of January. If you are not happy with the situation get your delegates to raise it at the SHU or better still go to the AGM yourself. I would be quite happy to get the rings sent out after new year and sorting them at my leisure. I assure you none of my members will have rings before 1st January. By the way only eight federations were represented at yesterday's meeting and only ONE other member could be bothered turning up for the AGM. Apathy rules !!! Rant over

I was watching the kids while the wife was on a old workmates outing. I took them to the show and would have left them at the back of the hall playing computers, but Linda advised me not to bother. other than that I would have been there to represent my Federation. :)

You are correct in regard to the apathy, but some seem only interested in racing their doos and complaining about the organisers. There was a cracker of a sale on yesterday as well.

I didn't completely waste my day though since I attended my Club AGM instead. The oldest lassie watched the weans whilst I was away for an hour or so. :)

It is the same comedy every year at this time I have a member who will contact at Christmas looking for rings others will not pair up till March.Incidentally I got a letter from Unikon this morning asking me to join our club to Unikon Club at an annual cost of £84.We have never joined Unikon Club,I wonder if anyone else on this site has experience or knowledge of the supposed benefits of membership of Unikon Club.

Our club has been a UNIKON Club member for a few years, it is debateable as to whether it is worth it. ETS rings are cheaper, you get 10% off servicing - had all clubs systems serviced this year - had one or two repairs on the club system free of charge and they have just replaced a bit of kit instead of servicing it. Don't exactly know all benefits as other half is secretary - not me :P

Quality is Wots required cos a couple of issues have been quite fookin rubbish. A friend of mine had a pigeon rejected at a marking this year cos the life ring was illegible......think it was 2010 a white ring? They were utter gash

Quality is Wots required cos a couple of issues have been quite fookin rubbish. A friend of mine had a pigeon rejected at a marking this year cos the life ring was illegible......think it was 2010 a white ring? They were utter gash

Stevie, that problem has been raised at SHU Council. I am sure Linda complained about the quality. If I am correct, the following year they were minimally smaller internally on one side (slight coning effect) and again a complaint was lodged. I think they have been OK since then. :)