Spray Paint

ally mac

Ive done it for years Ally, my returns seem to be above average :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Was following your returns during the season Derek and thought that was the case.

Falcon Deterrent Spray In Pink

â—¦A pink aerosol spray that helps to cut down the number of falcon attacks.

â—¦Hawks find the pink circular spots unnatural and confusing.

â—¦Use in conjunction with your existing falcon deterrents.

â—¦Extensively used in Germany to help deter raptor strikes.

â—¦Spray a defensive mark on the outside and on the inside of the wing, with some fanciers also spraying a dot on the tail.

â—¦Best to spray using a circular template (approx 5cm diameter) from a distance of 10-15cm from the pigeon.

â—¦Wear gloves and overalls, as the spray can stain.

â—¦After spraying it is important that the pigeon does not come into contact with other birds, as the spray needs a little time to dry, this depends on the ambient temperature.

â—¦The colour lasts for approx 6 months.

â—¦Spray approx 1 in 10 birds.

â—¦Composite, colouring, adhesive agent, Isopropanol,

â—¦Expanding agent, propan/butan.

â—¦Shake well before use.

â—¦Not available for overseas shipping.

Remember reading a few years ago that the white rump on feral doos also helped and the thought was, I think, that those without would possibly be wiped out through natural selection. Not sure if it holds true.

I used the red sheep spray. Sprayed it into the lid and dabbed it with the sterilising sponge from the vaccination packs. Found it took a time to dry and was fairly messy. Another club member used a red bingo dabber. The circles were a bit smaller, but the effect very much the same. :)

Dougie I can only speak from what I experienced at my mates lofts which were situated in the centre of a horticultural project for people with learning disability. They also helped out at the lofts but were upset at the daily attacks on the birds by the local sparrowhawks in the neighbouring wood. These attacks certainly declined after we sprayed the birds with the dye.

What a load owe codes wallop, if they want to eat they will take no matter what they have on the wing, whos kidding who here with the Theory's, it must be the cent whos saying and selling this. :o

Nothing to loose Dougie, if others find it helps then I will give it a go. Will let you know if it was a tenner down the drain :}

Let's face it, we all know that the BOP very quickly become used to our attempts to protect our pigeons. This doesn't mean we should not make the attempts. At the loft, we should rotate / change our means of attempt, be it flashing lights, tape, balloons, owls, taped music of eagle owls calling, etc. On the pigeon itself there is little we can do except the eyes. Yes, BOP will become used to it, but it may make the difference between arriving injured or not arriving at all.

It all comes down to luck in the end. :)

Seemingly there was a wee kick up because I had dots on my ybs going to the National and it was stated they wouldn't be accepted next year if they had the paint on???? I cannot see how anybody can stop you doing this??

probably got somthing to do with birds could be easily identified,

in the basket after marking,?

atb

is the hawk coloured blind,if so, :drinking-coffee-200: no point in the paint,imo,

Not sure but I know I cant keep reds or mealies. Pied doos do a bit better. White flights are fine but generally all my doos are blues or chequers, that's after a good few years of percy and hawk natural selection, I think.

Seemingly there was a wee kick up because I had dots on my ybs going to the National and it was stated they wouldn't be accepted next year if they had the paint on???? I cannot see how anybody can stop you doing this??

Put it on there heads (mark)as was done before and they accept it as water proofing :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: