Scottish Homing Union Show

andy Burgess

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many show doos got tickets in the racing classes for my liking come on guys there are racing classes and show classes get them in the right classes I have to say it disnae look great on the racing guys that picked obviously show doos in racing classes😨😨😨

Too many show doos got tickets in the racing classes for my liking come on guys there are racing classes and show classes get them in the right classes I have to say it disnae look great on the racing guys that picked obviously show doos in racing classes😨😨😨

It's quite tough to be fair Alan. The judges just have to make a call and stick to it

What classes? You talking about half n half or actual show pigeons in racing classes?

Dips in flown classes need to judged the same as the rest....show doos in thru the wires they should be in the equivalent show class if available. ....dips in a racing thru the wires class up to the judge for me mate

YOU could be right mate if it is a show man doing the job but if it is a racing guy am having none of that....

Dips in flown classes need to judged the same as the rest....show doos in thru the wires they should be in the equivalent show class if available. ....dips in a racing thru the wires class up to the judge for me mate

No they don't and for show doos in a racing class u gave 1rst and 2nd in a ttwrc class

YOU could be right mate if it is a show man doing the job but if it is a racing guy am having none of that....

Fair enough.....I have no incline to choose a dip over a racer.....but if it's flew the distance then it qualified to be judged

By the way......the shows/dips have as many if not more flaws than a racer

In one hand I agree and in the other I don't, once we showed race birds at Larkhall and all tickets were given to star and garter rung birds?? and we have never shown since then as we were sickened as the show guys have there own classes and I blamed the judges as much as the guys showing for entering them in this class, but I have judged a couple of shows this year and some of the classes had dipped birds in, but as a judge it's hard enough picking the best without seperating dipped from not dipped, I have had birds before that people would have said they are dipped and I knew they were racers, so I just pick MY fancy and that is that, if you want judges to filter everything or get critisised then you will soon run out of judges.JMO

I think a judge should be free to pick what ever pigeons he likes IMO

I don't agree with some birds I see on stage and not my type but I accept its judges view and opinion

We all have one

YOU are correct Brian but that then Brings the guy picking them into this type of thread and it's not for me am afraid....when I judge a class I am looking for a doo I would like in my loft ie . ..a racer am no way would I take a half n half/show doo into my loft but we are all different

YOU are correct Brian but that then Brings the guy picking them into this type of thread and it's not for me am afraid....when I judge a class I am looking for a doo I would like in my loft ie . ..a racer am no way would I take a half n half/show doo into my loft but we are all different

Fair point .......but ye can get some cracking youngun for the handling classes :drinking-coffee-200: