Ww3?

geordie1234

Strange, but apart from the danger of such an event, given the improved weaponry, but wars were great for population control.

If you look into history, when wars were as frequent as they currently are and of a similar size and intensity, the attrition served to limit the populations. I am not advocating war, merely stating a thought.

We don't have as many serious wars and have improved our skills of communication, but have never managed to consider how to resolve the many issues arising from this increase in population and the burden it places on Mother Earth.

I hope the politicians are not looking for an easy way out because given the modern weaponry, this is not an option. :)

Strange, but apart from the danger of such an event, given the improved weaponry, but wars were great for population control.

If you look into history, when wars were as frequent as they currently are and of a similar size and intensity, the attrition served to limit the populations. I am not advocating war, merely stating a thought.

We don't have as many serious wars and have improved our skills of communication, but have never managed to consider how to resolve the many issues arising from this increase in population and the burden it places on Mother Earth.

I hope the politicians are not looking for an easy way out because given the modern weaponry, this is not an option. :)

Has there ever been a war between democracies?

Far from the truth and reality Kyleakin. A myth if one cares to watch.

AS to lives lost etc. this shows how it has got worse and worse every decade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTdEQwE6hF8

Bet they weren't involved in ANY of the 2053 Nuclear explosions since 1945. That's on earth. Never mind the ones now being let of in space.

Interesting is this mapping of where they are . Yes 2053 so far and counting

... whilst millions are starving. Africa spent 150 £billion in 10 years on warfare... and they are way down the list.

There was enough food to feed 21 Billion each year... Yet only 4 - 5 Billion tops benefitted from it - to keep the prices up. So the World Food Organisation stopped it as being grossly immoral... and now only enough to feed 12 billion is allowed. Only 7 billion in the world eh!

Tet still every year £millions plus are given for a deserving cause to 'Feed the hungry!

I think Geordie there is a World war on the human population every year which is getting worse. Mostly through greed and power. The masses being the fodder to their own ends. JMO

There are bound to be more deaths nowadays given the sophistication of the weapons used and the ability to network and report on the same including the fact that less of the population die from illnesses. Life expectancy has risen from the average of 33 years to more like 80 years.

The whole idea of democracy is to increase talk and reduce fighting, removing the power from the few and giving it to the many. A rather utopian idea that can never happen. It always eventually comes down to the governing executive having to make the decisions.

Again, I am not advocating dictatorships, I much prefer the democracy we have.

I'm sure someone will now take issue with what I have typed and correct me. :)

There are bound to be more deaths nowadays given the sophistication of the weapons used and the ability to network and report on the same including the fact that less of the population die from illnesses. Life expectancy has risen from the average of 33 years to more like 80 years.

The whole idea of democracy is to increase talk and reduce fighting, removing the power from the few and giving it to the many. A rather utopian idea that can never happen. It always eventually comes down to the governing executive having to make the decisions.

Again, I am not advocating dictatorships, I much prefer the democracy we have.

I'm sure someone will now take issue with what I have typed and correct me. :)

I tried that democracy thing with the wife and she says "get thae dishes washed or I will give you democracy" So I gave in diplomatically and done as I wis telt..

I tried that democracy thing with the wife and she says "get thae dishes washed or I will give you democracy" So I gave in diplomatically and done as I wis telt..

So, as I stated, democracy works in your household in a similar manner to the way it works in almost all households in the land. :D

Quote '.....If you look into history, when wars were as frequent as they currently are and of a similar size and intensity,....' is what you stated mate.

So now far more wars is the fact plus of a far more intensity, so in relationship the ratio of deaths etc. far far out weigh today of the past.

Of an interest though in reality, if you take the 7 billion purported to have lived, add the population of today of 7 billion, there is room and feed etc. etc. for another twice / triple as many, if not quadrupled.

There is no profit in peace. there is no profit in curing people. Indeed the internet abounds of the quotes as such from world leaders and their hierarchy.