Teacher Vacancies In Scotland?

W.D.

My partner had been looking on the vacancies pages on their website, and there are 100s of jobs up for grabs in Scotland at the moment.

Especially in Fife and the North.

Also Fife has lots of vacancies for teachers to teach Scottish as a second language, is this Gaelic,or to teach English to non native children?

Thanks for any replies.

My partner had been looking on the vacancies pages on their website, and there are 100s of jobs up for grabs in Scotland at the moment.

Especially in Fife and the North.

Also Fife has lots of vacancies for teachers to teach Scottish as a second language, is this Gaelic,or to teach English to non native children?

Thanks for any replies.

I would say the latter,we have poles 4 doors away,pakistani,s across the road, and chiniesse next door to them, :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

The ancient language of the Scots sometimes called Lallans or Doric in all its rich complexities and variations is most certainly NOT a dialect of English but a distinct language I its own right see Robert Burns, Dunbar or Lewis Crassic Gibbon

Never heed thae Wattie . Get yersel doon the fechan un oo will teech ye a whole new wa tae tak

There seems to be a general shortage of teachers throughout the country and a recruitment campaign at the moment on TV. My son is on training now with 55 others in the Merseyside area.

22k is a good starting salary and all the holidays that go with it/ Wish I had stuck in at school/ Have a fine job now retired & enjoying it.:emoticon-0140-rofl:

My brother in law is a biologist and head of science at an academy in Sunderland. He loves Scotland and I have often said to him he should move up but he says he would have to sit exams and take a drop in pay......I thought a teacher was a teacher

Who wants to be a School Teacher in this day and age, attempting to learn a generation of kids who dont know right from wrong, that were brought up by a generation who did and still dont know right from wrong. Jeez they even have to have Teacher Assistants in case they are accused of wrongdoing.

Who wants to be a School Teacher in this day and age, attempting to learn a generation of kids who dont know right from wrong, that were brought up by a generation who did and still dont know right from wrong. Jeez they even have to have Teacher Assistants in case they are accused of wrongdoing.

My kids were brought up knowing right from wrong.......you old guys have selective memory of THE GOOD OLD DAYS lol

My kids were brought up knowing right from wrong.......you old guys have selective memory of THE GOOD OLD DAYS lol

Stevie, My youngest was 15 when the belt was banned and he told me that pupils took the mick with teachers as far as possible knowing their was nothing they could do about it. Esther Ranson was another mistake with child protection and brings back the memory when my youngest son told me to get lost as he was not going back to school. When he came too, "litterally" and picked himself up off the deck he had a change of heart. Driving the general public around for 20 years in my taxi enabled me at first hand to witness the break down of discipline and the could not care attitude of that generation and allowed me to witness the largest part of the younger generation who want everything without having to work for it. School kids pass my house every day and in the morning they have a packet of crisps in one hand and a can of drink in the other discarding them on the pavement when they are finished or throwing them into a garden. Lunch time they make their way to either the local chip shop or chinese takeaway and discard their rubbish wherever they are when finished and you dare not tell them to take their rubbish away. I know it is wrong but I would not let a youngster entry into my garden even if he showed an interest in the pigeons for fear of what the consequences could be. What a world we are living in now.

Stevie, My youngest was 15 when the belt was banned and he told me that pupils took the mick with teachers as far as possible knowing their was nothing they could do about it. Esther Ranson was another mistake with child protection and brings back the memory when my youngest son told me to get lost as he was not going back to school. When he came too, "litterally" and picked himself up off the deck he had a change of heart. Driving the general public around for 20 years in my taxi enabled me at first hand to witness the break down of discipline and the could not care attitude of that generation and allowed me to witness the largest part of the younger generation who want everything without having to work for it. School kids pass my house every day and in the morning they have a packet of crisps in one hand and a can of drink in the other discarding them on the pavement when they are finished or throwing them into a garden. Lunch time they make their way to either the local chip shop or chinese takeaway and discard their rubbish wherever they are when finished and you dare not tell them to take their rubbish away. I know it is wrong but I would not let a youngster entry into my garden even if he showed an interest in the pigeons for fear of what the consequences could be. What a world we are living in now.

Very good........don't tar everyone with the same brush......I have coached youngun s for quite some time.......there are some quite excellent individuals out there as well as a few neds

Hey whippersnapper, who are you calling an old guy. Don't you know right from wrong? respect your elders. :D :D :D

Much respect to you oldies.........

Very good........don't tar everyone with the same brush......I have coached youngun s for quite some time.......there are some quite excellent individuals out there as well as a few neds

Much respect to you oldies.........

Keep up the coaching Stevie. A load of gooduns out there. I see them at the athletics club all the time. I'm sure Geordie sees them at the boxing as well.

School has changed!!! They work in teams, they express their opinions, they are encouraged to develop for the modern world, long may it continue.

Yes, there are some neds, but on the whole they are a good bunch in this neck of the woods. :)