The Novice Asks ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

andy Burgess

thanks for all the replies lads dont mind telling you we had some laughs along the way like the time we were away training and both of us struggled to climb over a large steel gate to get into a field to lib the birds only to discover it was not locked or the time i noticed jim was struggling with sore legs basketing his yb team so i said i know we can cut a wee door in the loft so you can put the basket against it and just chase the birds in but with the loft being made of overlap planks it meant strapping all around it to hold the planks together the only solid part was the door so i said we can cut ten inch off the bottom right across the door then put two hinges on it jim said good idea so theres me with my bad knees and bad back on the ground with a jig saw while jim held the door ajar after about 5 mins cutting and jim helping me back to my feet the wee door was 10 inch at one side running down to 8 inch at the other lol but it done the job i could go on jims wife netty says its like watching laurel and hardy after building something we both look like we work in a butchers shop there is blood everywhere but we get there in the end

thanks for all the replies lads dont mind telling you we had some laughs along the way like the time we were away training and both of us struggled to climb over a large steel gate to get into a field to lib the birds only to discover it was not locked or the time i noticed jim was struggling with sore legs basketing his yb team so i said i know we can cut a wee door in the loft so you can put the basket against it and just chase the birds in but with the loft being made of overlap planks it meant strapping all around it to hold the planks together the only solid part was the door so i said we can cut ten inch off the bottom right across the door then put two hinges on it jim said good idea so theres me with my bad knees and bad back on the ground with a jig saw while jim held the door ajar after about 5 mins cutting and jim helping me back to my feet the wee door was 10 inch at one side running down to 8 inch at the other lol but it done the job i could go on jims wife netty says its like watching laurel and hardy after building something we both look like we work in a butchers shop there is blood everywhere but we get there in the end

Sounds like a scene from Laurel and Hardy Walter :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Brilliant read very helpful what a guy I just started up this year went to a pigeon fancier told him I was starting up

He first told me I was waisting my time but any way he told me he had 2 late breeds for. Me but still in the nest I went up to get them but they died the day before I think they took a fkn heart attack but any way a couple of local fanciers have helped me out with a few late breeds so roll on next year

• 1 month later...