Windows 10

I've been using the upgrade since the last thread on this and I have had no problems whatsoever. Cortana does not seem to work, but I am not interested in having my computer talk to me, so haven't spent any time to research it. I haven't noticed any difference if perhaps slightly faster. I cannot remember what version I was on before, but think it was 7. It was not the newer one with apps. My son had that version and it drove me crazy attempting to follow it. :)

I upgraded 2 weeks ago from windows 8.1 it took about 1.5 hours no probs but slightly quicker all round, only prob I have is it doesn't want to recognise my Microsoft office 2003, but it can be made to work with office 2003. on the whole it appears to be alright. I also upgraded a 10year old laptop from windows 7 ( it was originally XP) and it works its a bit lumpy, when streaming from the net but it does ok as a backup. hope this helps

• 6 months later...

Oh dear! Why did you decide to revert back to Windows 7?

it wasn't intended it came up out the blue, was a problem getting on and a notice came up to do things, one was system restore, so i thought this to take me back to sort the problem, silly me it was'nt emoticon-0179-headbang.gif, but does this mean if you do want to go back it doesn't save all your docs etc it takes you back to your pc's original, when new

When you 'system restore', you usually pick a restore date (were you given that option?) to turn your computer back to the date.

A system restore date would have been created when you installed Windows 10. But I think you have to pick the restore date on the created calender.

yes think you are right, but dont think it took me into that , it went right into changing when i click system restore, think maybe this is the part you have for so long to change back,