E T S

mcrobs

As i was cleaning out the doos today i had a light bulb moment. I have a Unikon ETS system and have had a few strays in this year that i have reported one way or another. Would it not be great if when a stray enters the loft with an ETS ring on it told you who it belonged to and a telephone number. After all this piece of equipment is 21st century technology. Surely it would make more sense than having to report a bird on here, SHU or The Reddings.

Also while i am on the technology thing it would be great if we had some sort of GPS system built into the rings that way we could track our birds and possible work out why we lose them or where they go. I am not sure what the cost would be for this but i know that mobile phones have this piece of equipment in them and you can get an app and track your phone if it gets lost. Why cant we do the same with our birds?

I think the size of the device which would transmit the signal over a long range may be a problem. However, they do use them to track BOP but the range is limited.

Think he means that the owner of the ets ring would have his name address embed in the chip as well as the birds details. When it enters your loft you could scan it on yer own clock and see who it belongs to. This has its obvious drawbacks also

Think he means that the owner of the ets ring would have his name address embed in the chip as well as the birds details. When it enters your loft you could scan it on yer own clock and see who it belongs to. This has its obvious drawbacks also

cost per ring ,a good idea though. :drinking-coffee-200:

cost per ring ,a good idea though. :drinking-coffee-200:

Should just be a change of software by the maker. It is a good idea regards strays and the stealing of ets rings and indeed the racing of birds not owned.......the downside is that good racers would not get their birds back and of course it is just the same as a name and address ring so not for the shu

One draw back could be cheating..A bird drops into your loft from a race 70 mph up the M74 and it could be handed over to the owner still in race time. Not that I for a minute think a pigeon man would do such a thing.

While I am on about ETS if someone has two base stations could he move one base station to a friends loft and time in?

As i was cleaning out the doos today i had a light bulb moment. I have a Unikon ETS system and have had a few strays in this year that i have reported one way or another. Would it not be great if when a stray enters the loft with an ETS ring on it told you who it belonged to and a telephone number. After all this piece of equipment is 21st century technology. Surely it would make more sense than having to report a bird on here, SHU or The Reddings.

Also while i am on the technology thing it would be great if we had some sort of GPS system built into the rings that way we could track our birds and possible work out why we lose them or where they go. I am not sure what the cost would be for this but i know that mobile phones have this piece of equipment in them and you can get an app and track your phone if it gets lost. Why cant we do the same with our birds?

This could be the future, but revealing peronal details immediatly could breach the security of a race, it would need some thought.

One draw back could be cheating..A bird drops into your loft from a race 70 mph up the M74 and it could be handed over to the owner still in race time. Not that I for a minute think a pigeon man would do such a thing.

While I am on about ETS if someone has two base stations could he move one base station to a friends loft and time in?

Yip that's the problem.....not with tauris.....think only race info on clock with other makes as well

I am sure there is a solution to make it easier. How about an ID number then when it enters the loft. You then text the a number and the ID number and it then contacts the owner with a text message but doesnt send the message for 48hrs. That would stop cheating.

I am sure there is a solution to make it easier. How about an ID number then when it enters the loft. You then text the a number and the ID number and it then contacts the owner with a text message but doesnt send the message for 48hrs. That would stop cheating.

Now it's a wee bit complicated with withhold text etc........some of the members in my club still think the ets system is the work of magic lol.....texting! !!! Out of the reach for them lol

Now it's a wee bit complicated with withhold text etc........some of the members in my club still think the ets system is the work of magic lol.....texting! !!! Out of the reach for them lol

I understand where you are coming from. We have members down here who think the ETS clocks them in as long as they are within a 20 mile radius

Frank 123

is it possible to have 2 pocket clocks? and have 2 sets of rings assigned the same numbers on both set of rings,

what would the results of this be ? if you send your team with say pocket clock number one

and you have the identical remaining rings back at the loft????

food for thought

or would each pocket clock show up differently not sure be interesting to know?????

peter

With the Benzing system, every electronic ring is issued with an identification number. When you enter the pigeon to the race this number is recorded with the pigeon entered. When you time the pigeon, the identification number is also recorded. No two rings have the same identification number assigned to them. At the start of the season the Secretary is issued with the ring list for every loft by the person who assigned the rings, if it was not the Secretary that performed that task. :)

With the Benzing system, every electronic ring is issued with an identification number. When you enter the pigeon to the race this number is recorded with the pigeon entered. When you time the pigeon, the identification number is also recorded. No two rings have the same identification number assigned to them. At the start of the season the Secretary is issued with the ring list for every loft by the person who assigned the rings, if it was not the Secretary that performed that task. :)

never heard of the sec needing your ring list, or clock setter for that matter

you may have got your rings assigned at another club

all they need is the printout at basketing of the birds you have sent to a race

never heard of the sec needing your ring list, or clock setter for that matter

you may have got your rings assigned at another club

all they need is the printout at basketing of the birds you have sent to a race

Surely a club official, any club you are a member of allocates your birds ets?

Surely a club official, any club you are a member of allocates your birds ets?

im a member of 2 clubs steven

when I get my rings allocated I get the assigned printout with it

that is mine to keep

if I fly out the club who didn't allocate my rings I don't need to give them any info

all they need is my clock with the birds on it when sent to a race

i think you can get any club to allocate your rings ,doesn't have to be one you belong to

the fed and snfc don't ask for a ring list all they need is the race printout

ps- ive had to get mine allocated by a clock setter from a diff fed in the past

because my club wasn't able to do mine due to non availability of said clock setter

that is mine to keep

if I fly out the club who didn't allocate my rings I don't need to give them any info

i think you can get any club to allocate your rings ,doesn't have to be one you belong to

because my club wasn't able to do mine due to non availability of said clock setter

Ye understand mate. I did think it had to be a club that you were a member of that assigned them but not sure

Ye understand mate. I did think it had to be a club that you were a member of that assigned them but not sure

found it in my shu booklet

if ring assignment is done outwith the club then the ring list

is to be forwarded to the club officials a minimum of 14 days before the 1st race

so where would we stand with the snfc

this rule would mean we have to send a ring list to them

at least 14 days before the 1st national race or would it ?

Listened to van lint taking about the workings of electronic systems sure he said Taiwan where he worked they could crack the system overnight such was their know how

The guy on the news last night who is in hiding in Moscow spoke about how the intelligence services could take over other nations software without them ever knowing

If they can clone dolly the Sheep A small matter of ETS Would be a walk in the Park

found it in my shu booklet

if ring assignment is done outwith the club then the ring list

is to be forwarded to the club officials a minimum of 14 days before the 1st race

so where would we stand with the snfc

this rule would mean we have to send a ring list to them

at least 14 days before the 1st national race or would it ?

Back to my previous post. This is the way it is done in my club. When I assign rings I give a printout to the fancier and however many copies they require dependant on how many clubs of which they are members. :)

that is mine to keep

As happens when you are sending to the National races and take your clock and birds to these National centres to send them.