Ranging

PAPA B

What is the answer to young birds ranging.My two birds done there first 5mile toss yesterday,they came home later on in afternoon.(should have been 10mins)'They were fed before toss.Today I thought I'd leave it a few days before I do 10 miles.However I let them out the coop.But they went ranging out of sight from my area till about 4 in afternoon.Is this normal or should I reduce there feed.

Mine range well to they have had a few training tosses but after that although they fly well at home they never go out of site

I feed them light in the morning 2-3 grams of seed not much at all then 32 grams at night which has 10 grams of barley in it

I thought it was the training that stops them going off as they ranged well before on the above feeding

the best young bird seson i had was last year the yb never rangeg flow for 1 houre night and day but never out of site still did it after traning them this years yb would be a way for hours ranging every whare loseing 12 one day from the loft and kamakasy traning cant pout it all down to bop but i no wot i would prefer last years yb i was always in control of them not throw feding just the way thay where every years yb are difrent but as aslong as thay fly round the loft frelay thay should be ok