Diy Moult Mix

sparko

I have Gerry plus, superstar and energy plus and breeding from versele laga left from racing so can I combine these together to make a moulting mix and if so at what percentage thanks

personally i would just throw the lot together , and feed . would also like to give a percentage of barley or oats too, but not essential imo. what is important i feel , is conditioning , oil seeds to give new feathers a sheen .

personally i would just throw the lot together , and feed . would also like to give a percentage of barley or oats too, but not essential imo. what is important i feel , is conditioning , oil seeds to give new feathers a sheen .

would i get the oily seed from sneaky mix or energy plus Andy ?

would i get the oily seed from sneaky mix or energy plus Andy ?

the sneaky mix is very good , do you have access to linseed , black oil seed rape ? etc ?? i would add some of this too.

these are just personal preferences, you will find some of the old boys on the island will lock them up for a few weeks , clear water ,and give beans and barley . they too will still have a good moult .

the sneaky mix is very good , do you have access to linseed , black oil seed rape ? etc ?? i would add some of this too.

these are just personal preferences, you will find some of the old boys on the island will lock them up for a few weeks , clear water ,and give beans and barley . they too will still have a good moult .

not sure about linseed or black iol seed but i can get sunflower seed ?

not sure about linseed or black iol seed but i can get sunflower seed ?

You can buy the oil from any of these seeds from a supermarket and add them to the grains if you like.

The important thing about a moulting mixture is that the birds have sulphur substituted amino acids to help grow new feathers. Normally these are present in the new grains which are marketed as moulting mixture. Most mixtures marketed now contain new grains so mine will have a best all round type mix with the feed from racing mixed into it at about 10%.

If you still want to go one better the correct amino acids are available specifically for pigeons. Maybe a visit to Vet Schroeder plus Tolisan web site might give you some ideas.