Windows 10 - Any Comments

My Windows 10 Upgrade is ready to download

I don't like windows 8 (which is what I'm using now) :mad:

XP and Windows 7 were both fine

Anybody used Windows 10 yet?

Any comments or views?

I'm same as you but waiting for a while, see what glitches come out and for software to catch up

i use xp and vista have had 8 but went back

Make sure you have good anti virus etc as no security updates available with these now

I'm same as you but waiting for a while, see what glitches come out and for software to catch up

Make sure you have good anti virus etc as no security updates available with these now

yes all done brother in law works with computers , i had a virus but accidently re formated the computer wiped out every thing but he got all my stuff back by the next day even all my pics , you cant wipe a hard drive the smelter is only thing to wipe it clean lol

He put the free avast on both my computers and had nothing for a good while it seems to pic up infected files or sites straight away now and dosent let you open them . I know he tweeked it a bit somehow but its good

Guest TAMMY_1

My Windows 10 Upgrade is ready to download

I don't like windows 8 (which is what I'm using now) :mad:

XP and Windows 7 were both fine

Anybody used Windows 10 yet?

Any comments or views?

we have been using it.I like it but a bit of a nuisance with all the Apps but Liz hates it :emoticon-0126-nerd:

• 4 weeks later...

Speaking to a lad in the club Saturday night he said that it had sped up his lap top good style me i am not sure about it ,the more you download on to a computer the more memory you take up so could slow your machine down IMO but who knows i will maybe chance it ??

Speaking to a lad in the club Saturday night he said that it had sped up his lap top good style me i am not sure about it ,the more you download on to a computer the more memory you take up so could slow your machine down IMO but who knows i will maybe chance it ??

From what I have read on the internet it does appear to speed up your computer system, it leaves your old operating system on your computer so that you can revert back to it. So you do need a few gb's of memory spare. My computer is just a few months old so has lots of memory available - I have also read that it takes 5 hours to download! I look forward to reading any reviews posted!!!

Uncle Albert on here downloaded it and has had nothing but problems and cannot get back to Windows 7. Computer nerd friend said always leave new applications for a couple of months to allow gliches time to be rectified. Sounds like good advice.

Can I revert back to my previous operating system if I don't like Windows 10?

Yes. You will be able to revert back within a month of the date you upgraded to Windows 10 via the "recovery" option in "Update & Security" in settings as shown below:

NB: In order to provide the rollback option, Windows 10 will keep a copy of your previous operating system in a folder called "Windows.old" which may consume considerable amount of disc space.

It is vital that, if you wish to retain the option to rollback within a month of the date you upgraded to Windows 10, that you do not delete the copy of your previous operating system.

Specifically, do not allow "disc cleanup" utilities to remove "previous operating systems", nor should you allow them to delete the "Windows.old" folder. Also be aware that if you reset your PC using the recovery option this will also delete the "Windows.old" folder.

If you delete these folders, or allow any other program to do so, you will no longer be able to roll back to your previous operating system.