12 Months Of Headache

billy whizz

Well im now 12 month into owning roller pigeons and can say ive had zero joy from these birds ive bred some and had more issues

Main issue here they will not fly tried all feeding amounts methods you name it.

The one that do fly fly away for 12hrs and come back when they want

Im at a lost cause here with these birds ive 2 sheds full and cant do anything with them complete waste of time money and effort

there all trap trained come to the can eeverything but i can not stand in my garden and weatch them like your supposed to all they do is p*ss about on roofs or on the floor absolute headache say no more.

Anyone else out there have this issue

I cant say how true it is is but i remember reading most roller pigeons nowadays do not roll as they only been bred for the show pen?? :emoticon-0138-thinking:

I have a breeding pair that roll and have produced good rollers for me that dont roll too deep.Your not to far away from the truth as ive bought some rite crap that dont roll there all half bred.

ive got 2 Ybs at the min im training and 2 in the nest.hoping these will be ok.

The thing is id be happy with birds that just fly i just like to see my pigeons in the air but that dosent happen.

Ive takken all the advice i read as much as i can still with no luck

Guest TAMMY_1

I cant say how true it is is but i remember reading most roller pigeons nowadays do not roll as they only been bred for the show pen?? :emoticon-0138-thinking:

One of the customers on our yard has rollers and they certainly fly and roll

One of the customers on our yard has rollers and they certainly fly and roll

Theres plenty about that do the business and are great to see but like anything out there there guys selling rollers as rollers and they not.

When mine have taken to the sky on odd time they roll nice just wish i could have them up all the time :blush:

I keep rollers mine dont go on the roof at all ! Their trained to drop on the loft roof using a white fantail or dropper birds that insist on going on the roof end up in the ferret cage the first thing you have to learn with rollers is how to control them ie the food tin a healthy flying bird should get no more than a heaped tablespoon of food a day if you dont fly them for any reason the food has to reduced accordingly if they fly round then drop after 1 lap and you feed them you are training them to do exactly that always wait after trapping for half an hour at least are the birds you have flying type or show birds if the latter youre wasting your time are you in any club ? Do you not know any roller flyers ? If you send me your number private message i will try to help you pete

I keep rollers mine dont go on the roof at all ! Their trained to drop on the loft roof using a white fantail or dropper birds that insist on going on the roof end up in the ferret cage the first thing you have to learn with rollers is how to control them ie the food tin a healthy flying bird should get no more than a heaped tablespoon of food a day if you dont fly them for any reason the food has to reduced accordingly if they fly round then drop after 1 lap and you feed them you are training them to do exactly that always wait after trapping for half an hour at least are the birds you have flying type or show birds if the latter youre wasting your time are you in any club ? Do you not know any roller flyers ? If you send me your number private message i will try to help you pete

Cheers mate sent you PM