Anonymous Users

VMS

I know it's been covered before but should the right to animinity on a open forum be allowed,for me if you want full user options you should not be hiding from full veiw from other open members.the guest option is available for those that want animinity,what's your views?????

I cetainly dont agree with anonomity as it does not let you know the poster of views of certain people who may be officials of an organisation and only posting perhaps not their view but pulling triggers of the loaded gun they have been given. I only used my non-de-plume due to my name being Peter and was the only fancer in the village of Pandy. Just glad Mum did not name me Andrew LOL

I suggested some years ago that all members should use their proper name on this site.The response blew my suggestion out the water

I've not really got a problem with them not using their proper names just don't like the invisible thing.I am on another forum which you don't have full access to the full site and can't vote on polls etc until you have 250 posts which I think is fair enought.

I believe that the anonymity is a good thing. Will say that the Basic forum have cleaned up the numskulls etc. and run a tidy ship ... we certainly don't want to see them old days back. Ridicule and personal insults etc. was once rife. Of course many wouldn't post due to that issue, likewise many more still feel the same for whatever reason. No they have nothing to hide, OR gain, but, are just coy. Further it is after all the content and what is posted that is of an importance, not whether you know them or not.

Confidence, low self esteem, afraid to show one's self up, a mite bashful that they are being viewed by great fanciers, National winners etc. to boot ... 'Rather not show ones self thought inadequacies', about sums up why many prefer not to use their' own name. Plus seen many times, indeed too many verbal abuses and threats in the past and don't want, or need any of that.

Plus I think it is very unfair to presume that they are 'Hiding'! Indeed that must be a way off, and personal thought / belief for whatever reason.

Yes, a case of agreeing to differ Walter.

I, as you may know, have often had some good heated debates shall we say lol.

I like to think of myself as honest and firm but fair if needs be. I certainly take on board that 'it is fine to disagree ... but not to be disagreeable'.

I have had one or two, lets say gunning and waiting to pounce on me lol.

Am on another couple of sites or so. Have a little dig aimed at me via a couple sometimes... Often they come back for a while under another name - so that bears a lot of merit in the belief that 'Who is speaking etc. SHOULD be up front and spout who they are ... Both banned from this site for obvious reasons.

Then it quickly comes to light who they are ... Big behind the type writer like.

Yet I was, like others have been, constantly took to task in some posts. Asked to explain then only to have answers ignored Yet a constant coming back to that same stupid point implying that I haven't answered such and such and such and a constantly accused with rounds of false innuendo's... Always, unbelievably, the slagging of any name mentioned. Their favourite spout being 'Ah that's what the tell you ... But...' etc.

Site goes dead. I find my self copying and keeping their' hypocritical lies and what they say one day to the next. I find I had a great dossier to shoot them down with proof of the lies and deceit ... .... Then I think 'What the flippy heck are you doing Roly? Sinking down to their level of none sensible stupidity's ... which not one cares. AS for decent posters ... they aren't posting. They don't want what they are seeing aimed at them. Seen two very good newcomers torn to pieces and ridiculed... so that they no longer post.

So I believe that that is why many are guests. Many wouldn't want to voice an opinion. I didn't bother to post for a few weeks. Sulking or just plain upset. Just darn annoyed and decided that when I stopped banging the head aside a wall it was much nicer. .. just couldn't do with it.

One only has to look at the posts and the amount of views and replies etc. on here to know how so much better it is without the idiots spitting into the tent. One see the site that set up saying any thing goes ... well they are gone, Likewise a few others. 2 posts on board in 48 hours or more!

So Walter, with the greatest respect, until sites have a proven good record, many won't chance their' arm. Who can really blame them? Are we to say 'Tough, squeak up or good bye' then? Or 'Good to have you tag along and enjoy'?

Yes, a case of agreeing to differ Walter.

I, as you may know, have often had some good heated debates shall we say lol.

I like to think of myself as honest and firm but fair if needs be. I certainly take on board that 'it is fine to disagree ... but not to be disagreeable'.

I have had one or two, lets say gunning and waiting to pounce on me lol.

Am on another couple of sites or so. Have a little dig aimed at me via a couple sometimes... Often they come back for a while under another name - so that bears a lot of merit in the belief that 'Who is speaking etc. SHOULD be up front and spout who they are ... Both banned from this site for obvious reasons.

Then it quickly comes to light who they are ... Big behind the type writer like.

Yet I was, like others have been, constantly took to task in some posts. Asked to explain then only to have answers ignored Yet a constant coming back to that same stupid point implying that I haven't answered such and such and such and a constantly accused with rounds of false innuendo's... Always, unbelievably, the slagging of any name mentioned. Their favourite spout being 'Ah that's what the tell you ... But...' etc.

Site goes dead. I find my self copying and keeping their' hypocritical lies and what they say one day to the next. I find I had a great dossier to shoot them down with proof of the lies and deceit ... .... Then I think 'What the flippy heck are you doing Roly? Sinking down to their level of none sensible stupidity's ... which not one cares. AS for decent posters ... they aren't posting. They don't want what they are seeing aimed at them. Seen two very good newcomers torn to pieces and ridiculed... so that they no longer post.

So I believe that that is why many are guests. Many wouldn't want to voice an opinion. I didn't bother to post for a few weeks. Sulking or just plain upset. Just darn annoyed and decided that when I stopped banging the head aside a wall it was much nicer. .. just couldn't do with it.

One only has to look at the posts and the amount of views and replies etc. on here to know how so much better it is without the idiots spitting into the tent. One see the site that set up saying any thing goes ... well they are gone, Likewise a few others. 2 posts on board in 48 hours or more!

So Walter, with the greatest respect, until sites have a proven good record, many won't chance their' arm. Who can really blame them? Are we to say 'Tough, squeak up or good bye' then? Or 'Good to have you tag along and enjoy'?

You make some excellent points Roland,I personally never get too involved in the technicalities of pigeon racing as I am reluctant to display my naivety.however I have some small expertise in the administration of pigeon organisations painfully gained I might add.On reflection Dickens and Scott and many others wrote under sobriquets so maybe you make a valid point.

think im one of them anonymous Vincent ...no reason other than t come and read when pleases ... I dont post much and i never create new threads ..i just read and learn, i have nothing to hide other than my ugly face :emoticon-0140-rofl:

to stay hidden is just a preference nothin else

regards

Michael Moran

think im one of them anonymous Vincent ...no reason other than t come and read when pleases ... I dont post much and i never create new threads ..i just read and learn, i have nothing to hide other than my ugly face :emoticon-0140-rofl:

to stay hidden is just a preference nothin else

regards

Michael Moran

As a active member I do agree you have that prerogative Michael,but many never raise their heads but are always looking in