Gez,

Don;t block us golden Oldies out of the equation, there are some of us who do think about the future of the sport and the best way we can take it forward. I will concede however that the good old boys will try to have it their way on both sides of the Pond.

The most frustrating thing for me is most clubs in the States insist on telling you how many birds you can fly by imposing shipping limits, even though their transporters are going down the road half empty, it's just the same backwards thinking that resists Electronic Timing Systems in the UK.  

We have been reading on here for weeks that flyers are in fear of the trouble that could be caused by neighbours if H51N attacks the UK, this to me is the backlash of saying "I'm alright Jack" my sport is safe and never thinking that Pigeon flying could be in serious danger.  We should have been using our energies in years gone by promoting the Sport to the public, not a hard task to invite your neighbours over on race day, to watch the birds come home, how easy to make a few snacks and drinks and introduce our great sport, we not may be in the predicament that we are today if we'd have thought of the future and promoted the sport at grass roots level.

Gez I'm sorry to say you will be a lone voice in the Wilderness if you manage to get elected to a Regional Committee, there will be the good ole boys/girls who have been there since adam was a lad who think that their way of running things is right because that's the way they've always done it and their blinkered vision is totally fixed.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this still an issue

Hmmm all the debate is around "I have heard that someone could sneak in and meddle with the Clock" etc etc. The reality is a manual clock is easier to fiddle with as any clockmaker will tell you.

OK there is no argument if YOU dont want it DONT buy it or use it but DONT oppose any one else from moving forward and having choice. THATS what split Scottish Fanciers those opposed to change who would not allow folks the choice.

Is there not gain from stall Traps?

Is a T3 not an electronic clocking device?

Was it fair when only the well off had clocks and the rest had to run to the Post Office?

Are we saying that the Belgians and Dutch (who all use ETS) are cheating and their racing is void?

Think of North bound was that an ETS system?

Luddites ..not a question of age but of mentality you either welcome and embrace change or not as long as you have good grace to accept other folks choice and not look to manipulating democratic rights of fanciers to get your own way.

Progress ...hands up who doesnt have a PC, Mobile phone  washing machine Microwave etc etc

Is a T3 not an electronic clocking device?

I dont think a T3 is wired up to any pad's in a loft to let the

bird self time ?

Is any timing clock fitted with battery's not an electronic clock?

I've split the topics and moved this to here. Obviously some posts have been deleted, or will not read quite right, from the other topic.

But I will make it quite clear that personal attacks will not be allowed on the forum. Please keep comments general, and not pointed to anyone or any group, also please do not associate members with any group.

Wise words "Saddler"

Can I afford it ?  YES if the truth is told

Will our prformances suffer if we install it?   Surely they couldo nly improve

So WHY am I opposed to it?   Bcause its DEAD WRONG for the Fancy & for once, the RPRA have got this one absolutely RIGHT

Boing Boing

Mike

Mike

I think it's about time you came down from your "Ivory Tower" and stopped belittling everyone on this forum who's opinions don't coincide with yours.  You speak with great authority as to why the RPRA should not allow the use of ETS, but you've never used it yourself in yur own words you've only seen it at visits to other lofts on the Continent, so really you are not in a position to speak one way or the other

Clockman -  We have been members of the RPRA now for a few years as well as the SHU, there is nowt wrong with a bit of variety. Both unions are very different.

Is is a matter of time when ETS is accepted in the RPRA though it may be years away, but I am sure it will be introduced in a more proffesional manner unlike some....

Chris

Mike

I think it's about time you came down from your "Ivory Tower" and stopped belittling everyone on this forum who's opinions don't coincide with yours.  You speak with great authority as to why the RPRA should not allow the use of ETS, but you've never used it yourself in yur own words you've only seen it at visits to other lofts on the Continent, so really you are not in a position to speak one way or the other

OK - 99.9999999% of the English Fancy aren't qualified to express an opinion on ETS as they've never used it.    Congratulations!!   You've just made this thread a USA-Scottish, Mainland Europe thread only !!

Well at least in the USA Scotland and Europe people have looked at ETS objectively and not condemed it out of hand without knowing squat and giving no valid logical reasons.

BTW Never had a trap shy young bird all the time I've been using ETS.

Mike,

I am interested in why you think its "dead wrong" what are you basing this on. Clearly you are not in favour but you dont give any reasons. Can you let us all know why ...maybe we are missing something but you have views and have concluded that ETS is wrong what has informed this opinion

DD

...I will make it quite clear that personal attacks will not be allowed on the forum. Please keep comments general, and not pointed to anyone or any group, also do not associate members with any group.

Please re-read what I posted before.

Everyones posts are their >opinions