• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again like ive said a thousand times before i have seen these electronic systems working on the continent in race conditions, and before this i was dead against them but since i seen them in action, i thin kthey are the way forward.

Mike and Chris

The ETS is an invaluable tool for training as well as racing.

How do you know what time your birds came back from a toss if there's no one at the loft, gives a good indication which bird to pool at weekend.

At the start I wasn't really for these type of systems, but having seen a complete demo and knowing exactly what it can do and with very little ease, I do believe this will be the way forward, but you will still get the fanciers that don't like change.

At the end of the day it's up to each individual fanciers what timing method he wants to use.

The TauRIS system was purchased for my Club as it will be of great benefit to all the members one way or another.

Jas,

I think the system can control up to 10 races at once, but I'm not 100% as I'm still learning about it myself.

I'll find out and let you know.

Roundo.

ETS doesn't appeal to us one bit and we will not be bothering with the thing. It has caused so much uproar and has spread like a plague throughout the Scottish fancy.

As Mike rightly says, what is the point in wanting to know the time when a late one strolled home, it is late...... also rans are of no interest to us!!!

l have heard of an instance at a clock opening night of a nom bird not being timed in after all the clocks were opened  , the chap with ETS sneaks home to find his nom bird in the loft, he put his box of tricks in a station and hey presto he is off to his club house again to claim the dollars...... is this fair !!!!

l have heard a million times of the so called benefits of ETS. One that makes me laugh is " you get a chance to see your birds come home" well what the *expletive removed* does that mean  ;D , l use a T3 and we aint missed a bird yet ::)

Chris stated in his last post

<l have heard of an instance at a clock opening night of a nom bird not being timed in after all the clocks were opened  , the chap with ETS sneaks home to find his nom bird in the loft, he put his box of tricks in a station and hey presto he is off to his club house again to claim the dollars...... is this fair !!!!>

If this was true it would be unfair, but your statement is blatantly untrue in as much as when the data  is down loaded from the module/clock to the club computer, the race is automatically wiped out as the data has been transferred, any birds who arrive after the clock has been knocked off will appear on the display as a trainer only.

Far safer than Toulets that can be put in the oven or freezer

I would also like to add, that this up and coming season will be my 7th using Electronic clocking and I have never failed to be at the loft when the races come home (and we have three each Saturday) not even when I came out of hospital having sliced my hand open on a table saw the day before.

Blue Chequer

I agree - but don't expect me not to fight my corner.

Just because Chris and I don't see things like Colin does he doesn't like it. I'm afraid that's just a bit of tough luck. We all have our opinion. Mine is that if WE were offered it FREE OF CHARGE tomorrow, I'd say "NO THANKS!"

Mike

Hyacinth

You don't get my drift at all....  I can talk about the downside of ETS all night if ya like - would quite enjoy it actually.   Maybe my next column in the BHW and RP will be on it instead.  

I'm no Luddite Hyacinth....  In every other regard you can think of, we're at the cutting edge pofessionally & not exactly bacwards at racing either..............

Hyacinth

The RPRA (45,000 members) have just voted absolutely PLUM against the ETS system coming into their ranks - therefore I think it a bit harsh to call me a "Luddite".   I actually represent the vast MAJORITY

I'm not wet behind the ears or anything. I've seen the ETS in use in the USA and most countries in Europe. I saw it when I was with Mike Ganus in Holland at his lofts with Peter Colijn....  All I'm saying is there's more downsides to it as a whole for our sport than positives - and - with respect Hyacinth, I kinda think i know what I'm on about (forgive me if that comes across as arrogant - it's not intended)

Mike

Roundo -

l have expressed my opinion on the system and it will never change, some may like my thoughts and some won't, quite frankly l couldn't give a monkeys. You bubble about the same old records being played, old records are the best  ;)

The SHU made a right pigs ear of their back door tactics of getting the system accepted and this is what has caused so much uproar. Many harp on about it being progress. What has been drummed into many fanciers heads that all progress is good, far from it. Before ETS came along the Scottish fancy was doing grand.

We have had the utmost good fortune to win 3 nationals, l have timed in 2 of the winners. The feeling of the sheer rush of adrenalin of picking up the bird, removing the rubber, placing it in the thimble and then striking the clock is fantastic, it is a memory that will remain in my thoughts for ever, l intend to experience the feeling again.... this is something ETS cannot match, imagine winning a national by sitting on yer fat ass scoffing yer prawn sarnies and watching the bird pop through a hole..... stuff that.

Just like Mike, if l was offered it for free, l wouldn't use it......

Enough said on the matter.

Hyacinth - thanks for your info about the clock data, will clarify the matter.

this is the problem with pigeon fanciers nowadays. no wonder it s dying on its feet. i look at people my age and younger no wonder no younger people coming in. people just dont like change stuck in their old ways. think it might just be the british way of thinking!!im not on here to fall out with anyone, but it makes me wonder why i bother.

im typing away on this pc here if it wasnt for changed id stil be playing on my amstrad, cant the older generation see that if we dont have a dramatic change soon were all going to be racing for nothing. might as well just bin al lthe birds and take up fishing or something.

just been to 2 club meetings tonight and i have the same debate all the time with the members aboiut different things, why wont 2 feds join together - 'oh coz of something that happened 20 yrs ago'        my answer lifes to short were killing it foir our selves. its like banging my head against a brick wall.

id love to get on the committe of the rpra and be able to have my say from a not young but youth fanciers point of view. im 22 ive lived a little now, i can see what is needed, can i not have my say in the right place to the people at the top? answer no, ive gotta get on the region committe then be voted to go to council meetings. this is worse than the Welsh Rugby Union!!!

listen fanciers 50yrs + ,   i , we    youth fanciers are the future cant you for a change listne to what we have to say? you go to meetings and you try and have your say but you just get shot down. i keep saying if i walked away from it now, it would be the pigeon fanciers loss not mine.

so lets get a grip of things talk some common sense, and get things moving in the right direction. wether this been with ets or not. things need to change and fast.

right im off to bed got a shop to run!!!!!!!!!!!!

and people, keep keep smiling and try and think about what i have said. any members of any rpra region on here feel free to get in touch to see how i can get more involved.   remember   -   lifes to short

Agree with your sentiments, Gez. Don't think its so much an age thing though. More black & white thinking and a state of mind and thats very resistant to change of any sort ..

But keep pluggin away ..

I'm 35 and Chris Little is younger than me!    We're not exactly pensioners are we!

Bruno - If you're implying that I'm resistant to change then you couldn't be further from the truth. In every other regard, like I said before my life is dominated by what's happening in tomorrows world. I work as an IT service support engineer ensuring performance on over a thousand applications is spot on the button - including the internet. Not the actions of a bloke with his head in the sand is it.

Also, let us concentrate on "racing" pigeons. I've tried & tested every system that you've heard of and dozens that you have never even heard of.

Gez-  You need to talk to your Region Sec. Getting on these committees isn't hard. My Dad has been on it for donkeys years & my Mum is the Vice President of the West Midlands Region...   Oh, I forgot though-  we're Philistines and Luddites aren't we!!!   ;D   ;D

Mike

I think that the suggestion that the "oldies" don't like change is a bit naughty, i have been in pigeons for over 50 years and have been a Club & fed. sec most of that time, I have seen many changes over the years and perhaps the major one was the introduction of calculators, this invention brought about the situation where many Secretaries can't even write their own name never mind add up, gone are the days where the Secretary was the educated one who worked the velocities out longhand. I think that these changes were generally for the good but i agree with Mike that ETS will have more negatives than positives.   Lets draw a line under this debate and agree to disagree.   Blue Chequer.