New Drink Drive Laws

greenlands

Limit still too high, Should be zero if you are driving, but a step in the right direction,

I agree but my guess is the government have done a bit of number crunching and it tops up that they'll get more nicks this way = more coffers in the screw the motorist fund.

I NEVER drink and drive, not even one to make a toast if at a function.

However i think this law should be based entirely on the amount of alcohol it takes to have an adverse reaction on a persons ability to drive safely. If 80mg to 100ml of blood has been enough up to now to have safe roads then it should stay at that, i refuse to believe the roads will be one bit safer as a result of this new law and am inclined to think like some others that this is a Money orientated decision.

It seems to me its a money makeing law now or they would just make it that no drink was allowed when driving ,but it seems they want to still encourage people to take the chance so they can still get the convictions and revenue from fines,IMO

It's no a money making law at all.I have been unfortunate enough in another life I once had to witness at close hand on too many occasions the death,destruction of whole families and serious injury caused by stupid thoughtless drunk drivers and it is surprising to see persons suggest that the new legislation is merely an attempt to make money

what has a pub now to offer its becomes a cafe, go out for a meal to drink what orange juice this law will not be a day time catch you out, but a early morning nab for the stay at home drinker as your 4 of 5 beers might just be enough to nail you in the morning with this new limit i know guys that have had 1 bottle of beer and he failed the breath test and you know what, when it says on your record your a drunk driver nothing to do with your driving, and that is only found out when there is a random stop , and there will be more, trust me but its the same as if you drank 10 beers. bigda as is. you have been warned

Edited by bigda

Next morning as Fifer says is the danger... I would never dream of driving after even sniffing a drink but the next day nobody knows when it's out your system

Hi

If you brush you teeth in the morning with many tooth pastes

that are on the market your reading will be 30mg if stopped within 1 hour

that's with nothing to drink the night before

Cheers

Homer 49