Salmonella/ Paratyphoid

William Reid

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what if it was a national winner mik of couse tony is right saying bin it its the right thing to do but could i do it honestly dont know hope im never in that position

hard decision for any man to take ...if you were to keep ...how many years before you breed the carrier out of it?...therefore how many generations before you find they are clear ??? That would be after a lot of years of selection based on results and health in the loft.

is it a price we are willing to pay to keep a national winner or the parents of the national winner. But the thoughts of treating with an antibiotic before any vaccination scares me.

This sport is dam near fckd

Mick

Guest chad3646

hard decision for any man to take ...if you were to keep ...how many years before you breed the carrier out of it?...therefore how many generations before you find they are clear ??? That would be after a lot of years of selection based on results and health in the loft.

is it a price we are willing to pay to keep a national winner or the parents of the national winner. But the thoughts of treating with an antibiotic before any vaccination scares me.

This sport is dam near fckd

Mick

i think that would be a waste of time trying to breed the carrier out of it, if that is possible

i think that would be a waste of time trying to breed the carrier out of it, if that is possible

It has to be possible chad ...but how many generations will that take?, how many years of sickness?, how many years of antibiotics(which will do more harm than good) ?

lots of questions and unknowns...black bag best option and start afresh i think

but jmo

Mick

Guest chad3646

It has to be possible chad ...but how many generations will that take?, how many years of sickness?, how many years of antibiotics(which will do more harm than good) ?

but jmo

Mick

correct mk, i agree it would do more harm than good

but jmo

Mick

the books are saying vaccination for 7 years only way to clear the loft of it mick

When I started this topic it was done because for the last few weeks I've been looking at the positives and negatives of vaccinating my own birds :) . I have watched a number of videos now and I'm still not sure. Some fanciers jagging once,twice,and three times a year some fanciers even injecting the birds at the top of the pigeons leg. :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Billy treat them then jag them see how it goes. If any birds show they can't handle it then you might find out which birds were carriers. They would be better off in the bin anyway.

Frank I'm birds are in great health and I know what the first signs of paratyphoid are. But just like the protection we have for pmv my thinking was it would be another box ticked :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Frank I'm birds are in great health and I know what the first signs of paratyphoid are. But just like the protection we have for pmv my thinking was it would be another box ticked :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Great health in your loft. Birds only get unwell when the pressure of racing is applied or when the mix with club members.

the books are saying vaccination for 7 years only way to clear the loft of it mick

Jasus Walter ...so in order to save the loft we have to vaccinate for 7 years. does this cure the carriers too??

it would take 2/3 years for me to eradicate from loft without vaccination. No mercy at the end or during each breeding season.

Would vaccine help...of course it would. Only to keep well up on the result sheet. If carriers are not removed the cycle will start all over again and imo only way to find carriers is not to vaccinate.

jmo

Mick

Jasus Walter ...so in order to save the loft we have to vaccinate for 7 years. does this cure the carriers too??

it would take 2/3 years for me to eradicate from loft without vaccination. No mercy at the end or during each breeding season.

Would vaccine help...of course it would. Only to keep well up on the result sheet. If carriers are not removed the cycle will start all over again and imo only way to find carriers is not to vaccinate.

jmo

Mick

food for thought mik im still undecided m8