snfc

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

naedoos the part of my post that was off topic was in reply to two posts one made by you the rest of my post was on the topic and i think constructive

don't really want to get into an argument about it but my only intention was to post in line with the banter that was goin on at the time. your post on the other hand seemed like an attempt to get current snfc members to join your club :-/

if that's constructive then I apologise

no probs nadoos iam not looking to fallout and iam not touting for members the members will make up there own minds the one good thing about having two nats. is people can now chose which is giving value for money and it should keep both on there toes which can only be good for the birds and fanciers

no probs nadoos iam not looking to fallout and iam not touting for members the members will make up there own minds the one good thing about having two nats. is people can now chose which is giving value for money and it should keep both on there toes which can only be good for the birds and fanciers

I think you are right there Frank about 'on their toes'. There was a question asked on another thread how one club operates at a profit and the other at a loss? Haven't seen the current balance sheet yet, but if after the hikes last year to square the accounts, we still show a loss in this one, then its a damned good question for the SNFC AGM.

ian i think we are both finding it on the hard side regarding costs the main diferance bieng that all organisations with the snrpc invested  heavily in transport where as others have spent on personal items so will not reap the benift we will in keeping the transport costs down and sorry about the wee inhumane joke only having a laugh

I think you are right there Frank about 'on their toes'. There was a question asked on another thread how one club operates at a profit and the other at a loss? Haven't seen the current balance sheet yet, but if after the hikes last year to square the accounts, we still show a loss in this one, then its a damned good question for the SNFC AGM.

IB  one of the many stories doing the rounds and we all know there are many..is that the snfc have again made big losses, now there were plenty of holdovers this year if you remember and they can wipe out any profit from a race very quickly so maybe both clubs might have a loss this year. one really surprising comment i heard was the amount of money lost on the first inland national where all the feds went with the national and this worries me because this was probably the highest birdage in years and no ferry costs etc etc..........anyone on here on the commitee who can let us know. also mr henderson of lanarkshire fed secured the deal of the decade for his members this year for their falaise race i think it was where the snfc convoyed the lanarkshire birds at a loss to the national, maybe find the national members who are not lanarkshire members not happy with this, but one thing for certain is that the costs will be much higher this year for anybody hoping to race doos.

to get back on track as jock had asked is it time for change and if so how much is needed to put the club back on track the whole commitee or just certain ones and will the new people coming in be able to do any better? or is the curent situation just a way to get rid of some commitee members that some dont like?

to get back on track as jock had asked is it time for change and if so how much is needed to put the club back on track the whole commitee or just certain ones and will the new people coming in be able to do any better? or is the curent situation just a way to get rid of some commitee members that some dont like?

why are you so interested frank, are you a member of the snfc?

oh sorry didnt know we were only alowed to post if you were a member but yes i am interisted i was a member for ten years and on the commitee for three oh and no iam not a member just now but who knows if they pass that great proposal from the commitee i will be able to join as a member of the rpra so yes it could effect me are you and every one else that has posted members?

oh sorry didnt know we were only alowed to post if you were a member but yes i am interisted i was a member for ten years and on the commitee for three oh and no iam not a member just now but who knows if they pass that great proposal from the commitee i will be able to join as a member of the rpra so yes it could effect me are you and every one else that has posted members?

once again i never mentioned about posting, i only asked why you were so interested.

yes i am a fairly new member and i'm just trying to figure out why you are so interested in a club you are not a member of at this time, after all i can't think off hand of a post i've seen on here where a snfc member has been so interested in the committee of the snrpc or the goings on in the club :-/

as sad as it might be we have two SCOTTISH nationals now so your statement does no good to help that situation naedoos as for the no pools thing i dont think its as bad as you belive yes we do not have what the snfc have in the way of pools but thats because we dont have as many members or birds but if people like you joined then all of the above would rise i think its sad that the snfc has come to this and before anyone else says it when we left the exelent commitee came with us leaving the new snfc pres. in a very awkward place regarding experince of running a nat club and i think given all that he done quite a good job steading the ship yes there was one or two things that could have been better dealing with the member last year bieng one of them but iam not sure he could have dealt with it much better without puting snfc funds at risk is that what some would want??

Your completely wrong Frank. The President is incompetent, he  has lied to his committee on several occasions and I got him to admit to  this in front of the management committee. Granted , he did take on the SNFC when it was at its lowest ebb but he had been  influenced by a certain party on the committee at that time and the reputation of the SNFC has spiralled ever since. Last year when Gareth Rankin requested that all the birds be re-rubbered at Eastbourne after much speculation over a certain official, the President went and told the official what they were planning to do??????? Whats that all about????

Anyway, the President denied his management committee any meeting to discuss the Eastbourne race???? ( even after getting 10 signatures from management committee to demand an emergency meeting )He dealt with it all wrong and all this crap about litigation and getting sued from this official.Total b,llsh,t, Nobody mentioned anything about this certain person regarding the re-rubbering of birds at Eastbourne. The request was only to stop speculation and protect the integrity of the SNFC. The SNFC is, at present, an amateur outfit, lets hope it regains its professional reputation for season 2009. The net is closing in on certain individuals, at last ;)

well sorry to tell you it happens all the time on basics its just a touchie subject but i have never had anthing bad to say about the snfc or its officals/members i still have lots of friends that still race with them and i wish them and you all the best and i hope i can allways show a keen intrest in them as with any pigeon organisation going through a hard time as i feel this will come to all of us sooner rather than later

delboy i completly agree with you on the handling of that situation but as an outsider i was only giving my oppinion on the running of the club proir to that.regarding the handling situation was there an outside party warning them to leave it or risk litigation i have allways believed that there is no place in the doo game for lawyers we should all take the outcome and abide by it providing it is done correctly

well sorry to tell you it happens all the time on basics its just a touchie subject but i have never had anthing bad to say about the snfc or its officals/members i still have lots of friends that still race with them and i wish them and you all the best and i hope i can allways show a keen intrest in them as with any pigeon organisation going through a hard time as i feel this will come to all of us sooner rather than later

well thanks for that I wish you all the best as well, and hopefully it's not so much a hard time we're going through rather just some things needing sorting out which will hopefully be done at our AGM rather than discussed by some members/non members on a pigeon forum :)

[/b]

Your completely wrong Frank. The President is incompetent, he  has lied to his committee on several occasions and I got him to admit to  this in front of the management committee. Granted , he did take on the SNFC when it was at its lowest ebb but he had been  influenced by a certain party on the committee at that time and the reputation of the SNFC has spiralled ever since. Last year when Gareth Rankin requested that all the birds be re-rubbered at Eastbourne after much speculation over a certain official, the President went and told the official what they were planning to do??????? Whats that all about????

Anyway, the President denied his management committee any meeting to discuss the Eastbourne race???? ( even after getting 10 signatures from management committee to demand an emergency meeting )He dealt with it all wrong and all this crap about litigation and getting sued from this official.Total b,llsh,t, Nobody mentioned anything about this certain person regarding the re-rubbering of birds at Eastbourne. The request was only to stop speculation and protect the integrity of the SNFC. The SNFC is, at present, an amateur outfit, lets hope it regains its professional reputation for season 2009. The net is closing in on certain individuals, at last ;)

ive been a member of the snfc since 1991. what plant have i been on, this is the first of me hearing about this. i totaly agree with you delboy. bang out of order. he must go

delboy i have just re read your last post if what you said about the lies and not alowing the meeting go ahead are true(now dont get me wrong iam not saying your not telling the truth) but it would be nice if someone else could confirm that then your right he should go that rings lots of bells for me no meetings etc.

[/b]

spot on delboy,

Guest Gareth Rankin
delboy i have just re read your last post if what you said about the lies and not alowing the meeting go ahead are true(now dont get me wrong iam not saying your not telling the truth) but it would be nice if someone else could confirm that then your right he should go that rings lots of bells for me no meetings etc.

100% spot on, as i was the one he lied to at the very start.

After not calling the meeting requested by the committee he then after pressure off a petition being started by the members of the club then called the world class special meeting that lasted 4 minutes which was attended by members from all over Scotland.

Big time cover up >:( >:(.

IB  one of the many stories doing the rounds and we all know there are many..is that the snfc have again made big losses, now there were plenty of holdovers this year if you remember and they can wipe out any profit from a race very quickly so maybe both clubs might have a loss this year. one really surprising comment i heard was the amount of money lost on the first inland national where all the feds went with the national and this worries me because this was probably the highest birdage in years and no ferry costs etc etc..........anyone on here on the commitee who can let us know. also mr henderson of lanarkshire fed secured the deal of the decade for his members this year for their falaise race i think it was where the snfc convoyed the lanarkshire birds at a loss to the national, maybe find the national members who are not lanarkshire members not happy with this, but one thing for certain is that the costs will be much higher this year for anybody hoping to race ----.

Heard the same rumour on a loss on the race account for one inland race: 2 transporters went to racepoint when arrangement was for 1.

Have no problem with losses per se; and have no problem with this management committee, but my opinion is that we as a club should always be on the lookout for doing things better, and if it can be done better, then do it.

regarding the handling situation was there an outside party warning them to leave it or risk litigation i have allways believed that there is no place in the doo game for lawyers we should all take the outcome and abide by it providing it is done correctly

I was at the AGM when a member asked what the legal expenses shown in the 2007/8 balance sheet were for : The President replied that it was for legal advice for the SNFC in the matter being brought up (repeatedly) on here.

Litigation was also mentioned and so the warning of litigation came from SNFC's own lawyers, not the member concerned. He wasn't fit to pursue that avenue, remember he ended up in hospital the day of the race as a direct result of being told of the accusation. (An accused person has a right to know what he is being accused of - its the law, Natural Justice).

What do we pay lawyers for if we don't listen to them and take their advice? Having openly accused a member of cheating - without any proof - the club was put at risk. In my opinion in these circumstances the fair option would have been for the whole convoy to be re-rubbered. To do so for only one member is also victimisation - and that was also an opinion mentioned at the same AGM.

Guest redwhiteblue

Heard the same rumour on a loss on the race account for one inland race: 2 transporters went to racepoint when arrangement was for 1.

Have no problem with losses per se; and have no problem with this management committee, but my opinion is that we as a club should always be on the lookout for doing things better, and if it can be done better, then do it.

There's no surprise there then is there???

I was at the AGM when a member asked what the legal expenses shown in the 2007/8 balance sheet were for : The President replied that it was for legal advice for the SNFC in the matter being brought up (repeatedly) on here.

Litigation was also mentioned and so the warning of litigation came from SNFC's own lawyers, not the member concerned. He wasn't fit to pursue that avenue, remember he ended up in hospital the day of the race as a direct result of being told of the accusation. (An accused person has a right to know what he is being accused of - its the law, Natural Justice).

What do we pay lawyers for if we don't listen to them and take their advice? Having openly accused a member of cheating - without any proof - the club was put at risk. In my opinion in these circumstances the fair option would have been for the whole convoy to be re-rubbered. To do so for only one member is also victimisation - and that was also an opinion mentioned at the same AGM.

only takes one person to cheat

now if i cheated i would not let anyone near my loft, but if i did not cheat the would be more than welcome to re-rubber all the birds come around my loft and check out my birds just so i could clear my name

by not allowing this to happen he left himself open to accusations and let the reputation of the snfc be ruined

if it is proven that someone cheated surely the snfc would sue for there members money back

and all the people who bought birds from the alleged cheater would also have a claim as well