lanarkshire

Guest bigda

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can any one else in lanarkshire confirm that what has been said on here is true or is it another fantasy

Hi Frank

Its 2 clubs

1 Both Coatbridge clubs have amalgamated and will fly in Lanarkshire

2 There is a application from Clarkson club in Airdrie

Both these clubs are already within our Fed boundary

I think the Midland officials should have a look in the mirror and ask WHY    I do not want to see the breakup of the Midland fed

Cheers

Homer 49

Hi Frank

Its 2 clubs

1 Both Coatbridge clubs have amalgamated and will fly in Lanarkshire

2 There is a application from Clarkson club in Airdrie

Both these clubs are already within our Fed boundary

I think the Midland officials should have a look in the mirror and ask WHY    I do not want to see the breakup of the Midland fed

Cheers

Homer 49

Homer,

Is it not got something to do with the daft West Coast route that the Midland Fed races? Maybe a wee bit of give and take required or strong leadership by the officials. Why not race East of the Pennines to 160 miles then cross over to Stafford/Uttoxeter area for the remainder, which may or may not avoid the mainstay of the Falcons which seem to wipe your birds out early doors. Nobody wants to see federations splitting up.

i think we are going to see alot more of this in the next couple of years sad as it is but aslong as no one  gets left out in the cold if the ones left want to race then the need to talk to other feds etc to get them self down the road lets face the east/west route thing is,nt new but it is one of the bigest fed reckers going

Homer,

Is it not got something to do with the daft West Coast route that the Midland Fed races? Maybe a wee bit of give and take required or strong leadership by the officials. Why not race East of the Pennines to 160 miles then cross over to Stafford/Uttoxeter area for the remainder, which may or may not avoid the mainstay of the Falcons which seem to wipe your birds out early doors. Nobody wants to see federations splitting up.

Hi Andy

Yes the west route is splitting the fed and your suggestions of racing is an excellent compromise but if there AGM votes for the west then the majority must

want it Lanarkshire will not be able to accept the Midland on a whole because some clubs are outside our boundary and this would take a 2/3 majority

to revise and that wont happen

Cheers

Homer 49

Hi Andy

Yes the west route is splitting the fed and your suggestions of racing is an excellent compromise but if there AGM votes for the west then the majority must

want it Lanarkshire will not be able to accept the Midland on a whole because some clubs are outside our boundary and this would take a 2/3 majority

to revise and that wont happen

Cheers

Homer 49

as was the case  against the lanarshire, in its self we just got out of jail with  the good racing we had from flying down the east, and stopped a revolt thankfully,  very touchy subject at times :o :o :)

bigda the guys who voted to go down the west should have got the jail it was madness

but gladly some good leadership from the uddingston guys we moved to safety before the youngbird programme started

bart  all i can say is we got away with it, if the young bird racing was a disaster, the game would have been a boggy :o :o

i think you mean if we would have went west then we would have been in the s**t ;)

no alf  if the east turned in to a disaster  with the young birds who would have had more cred