stopping people joining clubs

sorry to see delboy and his fellow club members can,t get into a club about time the shu sorted this bad practice out

wings 04 had the same problem before when he could not get into a club and had to travel for miles just to get his birds away to race

if you are in a club area (boundary)  you should be allowed in unless the club can prove you are not a fit person to join there club

but it would be up to a club to prove it

the boundary should have no gaps between clubs

if one club folds that boundary should be taken up with surrounding clubs to make sure the members are able to join a pigeon club

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bart, you are totally correct.I must say that I am the only person from Kirkintilloch that cannot get a club. The others can join Glasgow RPRA, and most of them have applied. I was told by the SHU that they cannot force any local clubs to accept me. A victim of my own success, they said. My plans are just to train my pigeons and go to the SNFC races. You keep them all year and now I can only enter 7 races in total. My friend put a letter in the BHW this week and this emphasised  how he felt about the situation . Its worth reading

our club has gained some new members since we moved into our new premises good flyers as well but if they beat me i will just keep trying

it raises the bar  so you are pushing yourself all the time to get better management and birds

Thats the attitude everyone should have

A few years ago the club I am in took in all the members of the Stoneywood RPC when they lost their club rooms and weve never looked back,went fom strenth to strenth.

All that wanted to join got in

When I joined we had about 7 members now 20+ now outgrowing our premises but we are going to put everyone on a diet so we can all get in  lol

Any Club is duty bound, and can't refuse to 'Mark' and allow any RPRA member to send their birds. Even setting a clock I believe. Indeed the very club that refuses one could well have that person turn up every week and having thebirds sent through. Of course he would have to pay the going rate and be a RPRA member.

Now they coiuld try and raise the costs to that particulat person, but that then would be illegal under the discrimination act.

Not saying hat one club convoying another clubs birds have tried and indeed have added another 10p or so.... But that is down to the other club that may well think better to pay a little more than not able to go...

Any Club is duty bound, and can't refuse to 'Mark' and allow any RPRA member to send their birds. Even setting a clock I believe. Indeed the very club that refuses one could well have that person turn up every week and having thebirds sent through. Of course he would have to pay the going rate and be a RPRA member.

Now they coiuld try and raise the costs to that particulat person, but that then would be illegal under the discrimination act.

Not saying hat one club convoying another clubs birds have tried and indeed have added another 10p or so.... But that is down to the other club that may well think better to pay a little more than not able to go...

I wont have any problem getting my birds away Roland but I cannot compete in races.That is the problem  >:(

Guest mr mrs arnold sons

if you are a member of the rpra and in that clubs boundary

that club shoud let you in if not go to the rpra and tell them they will not allowed you to come a member what do we pay the rpra the money for

Guest strapper

members who cant get in clubs complain some rightly so, but there are members who are not allowed into some clubs for a reason...trouble makers and so on..the point is do you.. a member who has been at a club for 20yrs without any hassle ,accept that if this member is allowed in, this will mean the end of your fun club that you love.. do you vote to let him in ? or do you vote no to keep him out?

now putting all bias aside how many would vote no to keep them out?....i would say a bigger amount than to vote him in.

now im not saying that this is the case of this thread, just using it as a example of why some clubs wont allow some into their clubs.

its just like the council in ur area saying next door can park their car on ur drive even though youve bought it...how many would allow that.

but i do sympathise with some who are decent flyers and are not allowed in clubs because of the strength of their ability.

if you are a member of the rpra and in that clubs boundary

that club shoud let you in if not go to the rpra and tell them they will not allowed you to come a member what do we pay the rpra the money for

Very interesting, so what you are saying is any local RPRA club must accept me as member if I am in radius

i cant understand why the shu said they cant do any thing about a club refusing a new member our clubs never refused any member infact this last few years weve had russians and poles all made welcome but yet the shu made us change our clubs name from fraserburgh invitation flying club the invitation had to be removed and replaced by distrist as the shu said it was stopping new members coming into the sport  ifamember was being convoyed with our club and he was in the radius he won the racei had the second    bird and won the race there is no way thats acceptable its time pettyness was removed and its got to start at the top the shu everyboady has a right to fly there birds

Guest Gareth Rankin
I may be wrong but I don't  think its your ability to fly a doo that is causing you so much grief.  

You quote "you may be wrong"

"I" believe you may be right that your wrong.

Welcome back after 5 weeks away from the site.

Guest redwhiteblue

I have been watching this thread with great interest, i think it's an absolute disgrace that men cannot join clubs which are on their doorsteps just because you are a successful fancier you won't get in a club, i would love to be in a position to race against these gentlemen each week in order to make my own standards higher, as for people coming on laughing and joking about stay here, you'll get into this club is an absolute disgrace, as for big da with his statement on the fife fed agm, he is just a sh@@e stirrer!! as for your high and mighty lanarkshire fed you are now just proving you are a wee sh@@@y fed who does not like competition