Sick Yb

Hi all, I noticed a YB in my loft last Friday was sat there looking all puffed up and not very well.

Ive isolated it into a basket but it has dark green droppings sometimes wet, and now it is spewing water.

Any advise on what this maybe and also how to get rid of it.

Cheers

Sounds like the symptoms of YBS. Has he had a night our or anything that might of caused him more stress then the other birds?

If it is YBS there is a lot of debate if it is airborne or otherwise. But for sure him spewing up and then other birds eating it will only increase the odds of spreading the infection.

As per what Gulkie said most people say dispose of the bird with the symptoms, but the concern is if others start showing similar symptoms in coming days.

Feed the birds and watch them for an hour after and see if any other birds sick up anything. Also after a PM feed if you feel there crop in the AM to see if food hasn't been digested. If it has not then it could be a bit more serious. Keep em in and treat em as Gulkie said.

I am a new starter also, but have a background of keeping livestock and this YBS scares the hell out of me so have read up on it across many books and forums. YBS seems to be widespread and even the best fanciers have to manage it rather then avoid it.