Louella Pigeons For Stock

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive bought some waxas of them cheap enough only fault cocks seem to be a bit flighty I even turn of coronation street to study pedigrees glass of wine pigeon heaven,one more thingwhen you go to other big stud sites the set up does not have a look in with louella set up pigeons seem to be double the price would you agree

Louella pay good money for good birds and everyone says the apple doesn't fall far from the tree I feel like anything the closer to source the better that is not to say that birds generations away will produce the goods but if you can by children or gchildren from louella you wont get a better deal pedigree wise but pedigrees don't win races the birds do

i have nothing to gain by saying this only thanks and credit where is due to louella i have now bred over 80 firsts club and section fed winners and 28 birds to score in nationals all from louella pigeons winning from 60 to 538 miles i have given this advice to anyone starting up or that is not happy with what they have buy the six or ten youngbirds from louella dont race them dont even let them out and get your self some feeders and breed as many out them as you can 8 10 or 12 off each pair and train the youngbirds hard and race them hard when you get a winner stop it and put it in your stock loft there not all good birds even though the breeding is fantastic and this is the only way to find them out i also won with 3 other families before i got the jan aarden pigeons 14 years ago busschaerts jannsens and van reets all won races and did not cost a fortune when you get a winner then go back to louella and buy something of the same line but farther up the tree and put it to your winner hope this helps you and any novice atb

i have nothing to gain by saying this only thanks and credit where is due to louella i have now bred over 80 firsts club and section fed winners and 28 birds to score in nationals all from louella pigeons winning from 60 to 538 miles i have given this advice to anyone starting up or that is not happy with what they have buy the six or ten youngbirds from louella dont race them dont even let them out and get your self some feeders and breed as many out them as you can 8 10 or 12 off each pair and train the youngbirds hard and race them hard when you get a winner stop it and put it in your stock loft there not all good birds even though the breeding is fantastic and this is the only way to find them out i also won with 3 other families before i got the jan aarden pigeons 14 years ago busschaerts jannsens and van reets all won races and did not cost a fortune when you get a winner then go back to louella and buy something of the same line but farther up the tree and put it to your winner hope this helps you and any novice atb

Agree with you 100% Walter but I found it was the grand children of the ones I purchased that scored

And at the end of the day you get what you pay for ,the closer to the tree you go the more they will cost

But you have to pay within your means.

Louella pay good money for good birds and everyone says the apple doesn't fall far from the tree I feel like anything the closer to source the better that is not to say that birds generations away will produce the goods but if you can by children or gchildren from louella you wont get a better deal pedigree wise but pedigrees don't win races the birds do

Agree with you 100% Walter but I found it was the grand children of the ones I purchased that scored

And at the end of the day you get what you pay for ,the closer to the tree you go the more they will cost

But you have to pay within your means.

agree wullie and you can lose the plot i started with the 120 pounds for six and won with them then bought birds bred closer to the champions as i saved to get them till i was paying a months wages for each one but i was lucky they bred winners straight away for me but if you dont put the work into them your wasting your money no matter how much you pay for them there are plenty good birds out there that can win but just not being given the chance to shine because the guy looking after them is not prepared to put the work in

First bit of advice don't be looking at pedigrees there a waste of time I'll look at them after the season is over too see what's breeding and what's not too see what's earned a perch in my stock loft

A good pedigree is one that breeds winners

Studs no doubt sell good birds there no doubting that if I was starting again id buy the rounds off peoples widdowhood cocks of course they have to be wining even if you were to ask to buy a round of eggs and have a few paired up at home ready to sit the eggs you would get them cheap as chips and I bet in a lot of cases you would get birds that you would not get that cheap if you were to buy them as young ones

Guest Owen

I have bought birds from Luella in the past but I have never done much good with them. I think that the birds from Luella have brilliant birds back in their breeding but there are generations of untested birds by the time you get their progeny on the road which makes the whole thing a matter of luck. All breeding must be a matter of breeding from the best birds you can and testing the youngsters on the road. As any geneticist will tell you all selection is through progeny testing and careful selection. People often say that untried birds can breed winners and it is a fact that some do but what you are never told is how many untried birds breed rubbish. I believe that the main reasons why many people fail to develop a team of good pigeons is because they insist on breeding from either untried birds or from everything and anything that happens to be in the loft. This rather crazy idea is often followed by the practice of breeding latebred birds which are never given a proper chance to learn to become racing pigeons.

I am sure that if you buy a good number of birds from Luella and test them on the road you will find some that would be worth breeding from, but that could apply to anywhere you obtain birds.

If I had to start again I would buy tried and tested birds from Entire Clearance Sales and breed lots of youngsters from 10 or so hens mated to the cocks on a Bull System. You will find that some hens will not suite the cock and give you nothing but rubbish while other hens will breed youngsters well worth their perch. After that it is a question of breeding from the best so that you can have a gradual and continual improvement as you go.

Guest bigda

I have bought birds from Luella in the past but I have never done much good with them. I think that the birds from Luella have brilliant birds back in their breeding but there are generations of untested birds by the time you get their progeny on the road which makes the whole thing a matter of luck. All breeding must be a matter of breeding from the best birds you can and testing the youngsters on the road. As any geneticist will tell you all selection is through progeny testing and careful selection. People often say that untried birds can breed winners and it is a fact that some do but what you are never told is how many untried birds breed rubbish. I believe that the main reasons why many people fail to develop a team of good pigeons is because they insist on breeding from either untried birds or from everything and anything that happens to be in the loft. This rather crazy idea is often followed by the practice of breeding latebred birds which are never given a proper chance to learn to become racing pigeons.

I am sure that if you buy a good number of birds from Luella and test them on the road you will find some that would be worth breeding from, but that could apply to anywhere you obtain birds.

If I had to start again I would buy tried and tested birds from Entire Clearance Sales and breed lots of youngsters from 10 or so hens mated to the cocks on a Bull System. You will find that some hens will not suite the cock and give you nothing but rubbish while other hens will breed youngsters well worth their perch. After that it is a question of breeding from the best so that you can have a gradual and continual improvement as you go.

good advice Owen emoticon-0123-party.gif

First bit of advice don't be looking at pedigrees there a waste of time I'll look at them after the season is over too see what's breeding and what's not too see what's earned a perch in my stock loft

Studs no doubt sell good birds there no doubting that if I was starting again id buy the rounds off peoples widdowhood cocks of course they have to be wining even if you were to ask to buy a round of eggs and have a few paired up at home ready to sit the eggs you would get them cheap as chips and I bet in a lot of cases you would get birds that you would not get that cheap if you were to buy them as young ones

good advice also emoticon-0126-nerd.gif

am I wrong here breeding be it a carrot horse dog or pigeon is about genes,then you line breed possibly in breed to lock in the ones you want;louella have done this for you then you outcross with another breedof pigeon for vigour if you get the right nick fantastic I believe pure janssen nicks with a lot ofbreeds for example but breeding winner to winner that is not related could be a lottery no ??? but if they are related that's fine you have the locked in genes to carry on your work shoot me down if you need to ive been having my bottle of wine I think I know it all lol