Peanuts

greenlands

With the price of peanuts having gone through the roof is there an alternative.

I always used them to trap my young birds,this year I have not paid the silly price asked for peanuts but don't have the same control over the youngens that's without knocking their feed down.

Do you use anything to substitute PEANUTS £££££.?

:emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Guest chad3646

I always used them to trap my young birds,this year I have not paid the silly price asked for peanuts but don't have the same control over the youngens that's without knocking their feed down.

:emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking:

redband

Personally I don't think the birds like anything else like peanuts...they will go through fire and water for them if they was offered. Some say sunflower hearts although mine will eat em they do not have that addictive nature like the pigeons do for peanuts

Personally I don't think the birds like anything else like peanuts...they will go through fire and water for them if they was offered. Some say sunflower hearts although mine will eat em they do not have that addictive nature like the pigeons do for peanuts

My thoughts as well Ryan. :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Hemp and sunfflower seeds not ideal for returning birds but for trapping will do the job just. watch I've found if you don't introduce y / bds to peanuts early on some don't take to them

my birds wont look at peanuts Frank they leave em all over the floor and end up getting chucked in the bin all covered in sh** .Ive never given them to ybs so thats prob why .

didint think peanuts were that exspencive lindsay £26 for 25kg ??? is that a lot ?

my birds wont look at peanuts Frank they leave em all over the floor and end up getting chucked in the bin all covered in sh** .Ive never given them to ybs so thats prob why .

didint think peanuts were that exspencive lindsay £26 for 25kg ??? is that a lot ?

Had the same probs but after getting the ybs onto them it's amazing what they do for a peanut

The amount of birds I keep Rab 25 Kg would last me for years :animatedpigeons: