Round O

Guest JSD

Guest Basin View

Many memories of Jim by my wife and myself when we lived in Arbroath.

When I was Tayside Fed Sec in the mid seventies, Jim was the race controller, like to think we worked well together, he had friends the whole length of the country he could contact to give him line of flight weather details.

Jims lofts were over the wall at the end of the garden of the first house we bought, he looked at my garden told me that the rose bushes needed a serious "cut back" and he would be happy to sort them for me. Came home from work one day to find my wife not happy, with tears in her eyes she said Jim had sawn the rose bushes to the ground and he had probably killed them. That was the start of my education from Jim on how to prune and look after roses ( he told me he was taught by the best Arbroath council gardener on how to look after / prune roses ) I have now over the years passed on to others what Jim taught me all these years ago on the looking after of roses.

Our condolences and thoughts go out to Jims family.

Funeral service to be held at Old and Abbey Church, Arbroath, on Friday, May 2, at 10.30 a.m., and thereafter to Parkgrove Crematorium, Friockheim, arriving 11.30 a.m., to which all friends and family and respectfully invited. No flowers, please,