Scottish Northwest Federation

This coming April on Sunday the 20th the Northwest Federation is to hold its first young bird sale in over a decade in conjunction with a breeder/buyer competition to be flown over the coming 2014 young bird season, which is open to ALL.

There is currently in excess of 40 confirmed lots, with birds from many of the Northwest’s own top lofts as well as squeakers from friends of the federation going up for auction. Additionally there will be a raffle with a 'special prize' that would be sure grace any loft in the UK,alongside a whisky prize draw for which all in attendance will receive a free entry.

Any fancier from any part of the country who purchases a bird at the sale is eligible to take part in the breeder/buyer competition. All that is required is a submission of the young pigeon’s racing performances over the 2014 young bird season, with the winner being decided by an independent judge.

The sale will take place in the evening at the

North Broomage Social & Welfare Club

8 Glenbervie Avenue,

Larbert,

Stirlingshire,

FK5 4NN

Details of the pigeons, viewing times and the breeder/buyer prizes will be made available in the coming weeks.

On behalf of the Northwest Federation committee and members we welcome all our fellow fanciers to come along – the more the merrier.

• 1 month later...

The points you have raised were discussed at the last delegates meeting as well.

For all one race would be a straight forward way of doing it, it was decided by the majority present it would limit the breeder/buyer to NW fed members and discouarage fanciers from outwith the fed from attending.

It was also suggested that the breeder/buyer race be from the SNFC Yb National- but I'm sure you can see the problems that would arise from that as well without me telling you.

So all in all the judge method will have to suffice and be along the lines of how the S.H.U pick; the Dewar Trophy Winner, best old up to 300miles, best young bird etc.

The points you have raised were discussed at the last delegates meeting as well.

For all one race would be a straight forward way of doing it, it was decided by the majority present it would limit the breeder/buyer to NW fed members and discouarage fanciers from outwith the fed from attending.

It was also suggested that the breeder/buyer race be from the SNFC Yb National- but I'm sure you can see the problems that would arise from that as well without me telling you.

So all in all the judge method will have to suffice and be along the lines of how the S.H.U pick; the Dewar Trophy Winner, best old up to 300miles, best young bird etc.

Just not my cup of tea but it's for a good cause the fed :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Guest Gareth Rankin

better all at the same race on same day then the winner picks itself no a co eficient or an opinion

Rab under your opinion members from neighboring federations would be put off purchasing, this of course down to not being members of North west fed. In my opinion there is no better system than that of the co-efficient way, fanciers can purchase from all over Scotland, then submit a agreed amount of performances, these results do not lie and can not be manipulated or shown favouritism.

I'm sure North west Fed will appoint a suitable judge who will give fairness to all.

Totally independent and most possible from south of the border. You have to be in it to win it guys.

Free raffle of 1ltr whisky for all that attend.

Raffle @ £2.00 a strip or 3 for £5.00 that would grace any loft in the UK.

Free Steak an gravy pie.

1ltr whisky for highest purchased bird on the evening.

Quality birds for sale

Chance of winning some cash.

few beers

Good crack

Someone has to win!!!

The committee will meet on Wednesday after the sale and the prize fund will be decided so watch this space.

Remember if your not in it YOU cant win it.

At this point i would like to thank the members of PB and of course others who have donated birds to our sale.

this is our sport so support.

Rab under your opinion members from neighboring federations would be put off purchasing, this of course down to not being members of North west fed. In my opinion there is no better system than that of the co-efficient way, fanciers can purchase from all over Scotland, then submit a agreed amount of performances, these results do not lie and can not be manipulated or shown favouritism.

I'm sure North west Fed will appoint a suitable judge who will give fairness to all.

MYSTIC JOE LOL

Hi

It is with great pleasure that i can inform you all that the young bird sale which the NW Fed held has been a great success and it was agreed by the delegates that the breeder buyer prize fund will be £1000 which is split 1st £500, 2nd £300 & 3rd £200, so bring it on and remember guys get your performances back into us.

I would personally like to thank everyone who donated birds for our sale and also all that turned up on the evening of the sale (hope you enjoyed the steak pies) and last but not least the team of workers, without you guys this could not happen.

Scotty M