Drug Tests

philg50

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the closest I can find to explain what is band from pigeon racing

The following classes of substances will be considered prohibited in racing pigeon competition:

I. Drugs which mask pain and injury: These drugs have pain killing characteristics.

A. Narcotic Analgesics: Powerful pain killers such as Opiates, Morphine, etc.

B. Anti-inflammatories, both Non-steroid, and Corticosteroids: Procaine is one example.

Corticosteroids which are common in eye drops, delay a pigeon’s molting, enabling it to train harder and race later in the season. They also have anti-inflammatory effects.

II. Drugs that unfairly improve performance: These drugs enhance the athletic ability of the bird by enhancing physical characteristics, and increase the heart rate and respiratory rate.

A. Beta-agonists and other Bronchodilators: Both open birds’ respiratory tract and improve breathing by adding oxygen to the blood.

B. Anabolic steroids: Anabolic steroids build up a pigeon's muscles, boosting performance. (Boldenone, is one of many)

III. Drugs which stimulate the nervous system, by increasing heart rate and pressure: A. Amphetamines, or closely related substances of any kind.

IV. Drug Masking Compounds:

A. Masking Agents: which are used purposely to interfere with detection of prohibited

drugs in the pigeon.

Also have a look at this section 1 it might help

http://www.vpu.org.za/documents/Doping%20manual.pdf

This is the closest I can find to explain what is band from pigeon racing

The following classes of substances will be considered prohibited in racing pigeon competition:

I. Drugs which mask pain and injury: These drugs have pain killing characteristics.

A. Narcotic Analgesics: Powerful pain killers such as Opiates, Morphine, etc.

B. Anti-inflammatories, both Non-steroid, and Corticosteroids: Procaine is one example.

Corticosteroids which are common in eye drops, delay a pigeon’s molting, enabling it to train harder and race later in the season. They also have anti-inflammatory effects.

II. Drugs that unfairly improve performance: These drugs enhance the athletic ability of the bird by enhancing physical characteristics, and increase the heart rate and respiratory rate.

A. Beta-agonists and other Bronchodilators: Both open birds’ respiratory tract and improve breathing by adding oxygen to the blood.

B. Anabolic steroids: Anabolic steroids build up a pigeon's muscles, boosting performance. (Boldenone, is one of many)

III. Drugs which stimulate the nervous system, by increasing heart rate and pressure: A. Amphetamines, or closely related substances of any kind.

IV. Drug Masking Compounds:

A. Masking Agents: which are used purposely to interfere with detection of prohibited

drugs in the pigeon.

Also have a look at this section 1 it might help

http://www.vpu.org.za/documents/Doping%20manual.pdf

Thank you for the link,although I have not had time to digest the full list it appears to cover all eventualities, testing at any level whether it be club,federation,or national,they would have to adopt a procedure along these very same or similar lines,I am still not convinced that the use of banned substances is as widespread as some would have you believe.....thanks I look forward to reading the contents in its entireity.....JBC/..

Reading through this thread what a load of baloney who cares if guys are pumping their doos full of this and that as its obviously not working as the top doo men and national winners that have been tested and it seems it's just good doos and management it would fit you's better to spend your time and effort to win races rather than think the guys that's winning are up to no good personally a would be insulted if officials came to my loft to do a test I'd be raging. Bring on the racing a canny wait atb

Guest chad3646

Reading through this thread what a load of baloney who cares if guys are pumping their doos full of this and that as its obviously not working as the top doo men and national winners that have been tested and it seems it's just good doos and management it would fit you's better to spend your time and effort to win races rather than think the guys that's winning are up to no good personally a would be insulted if officials came to my loft to do a test I'd be raging. Bring on the racing a canny wait atb

you are spot on moscow,when they cant beat them they are looking for any excuse

I agree but if there is to be testing it must be done correctly and consistantly....JBC/..

Was your winner not tested?

Strange init? You would have thought consistency would have been rule of thumb across the winners? Do you think cost is the stumbler in this case

must be an S.N.F.C. committee member on hear than can explain what is the S.N.F.C. POLICY/RULES AS regarding testing ?

are drugs being used id say so but we have to be careful all the unions should join ihu snfc rpra etc and come up with a real list that fanciers can read quite easily fanciers have got positive tests from products i believe that are advertised in the weekly magazines bhw etc you would think if its advertised in the magazines it would be ok

a bigger problem with cheats lies in lax marking and proper procedures not been followed at a marking which allows cheats there chance

are drugs being used id say so but we have to be careful all the unions should join ihu snfc rpra etc and come up with a real list that fanciers can read quite easily fanciers have got positive tests from products i believe that are advertised in the weekly magazines bhw etc you would think if its advertised in the magazines it would be ok

a bigger problem with cheats lies in lax marking and proper procedures not been followed at a marking which allows cheats there chance

true jam

How many fancirs go to a show or a shop and buy things for there birds and never read the label or its from holland or belg and you cant read it anyway but you buy it because so and so said it was good and you dont know what your giving your birds.

it quite simple if its for sale by reputable pigeon supply company

surely or i would like to think its legal to use

if not i think the pigeon supply chain should be getting looked at

my understanding with these drugs coccaine anphetimines ect are

they work quite quick and leave the user pretty down and lathargic

next day

dont fancy putting my money on a doo with a hangover at race point haha

it quite simple if its for sale by reputable pigeon supply company

surely or i would like to think its legal to use

if not i think the pigeon supply chain should be getting looked at

my understanding with these drugs coccaine anphetimines ect are

they work quite quick and leave the user pretty down and lathargic

next day

dont fancy putting my money on a doo with a hangover at race point haha

not quite so true things like caffeine can get you in bother certain natural herbs and these are found in a lot of common products im far from a expert on the matter

but it seems someone had been banned from racing for a pigeon product that contained caffeine they had to fight for weeks to clear there name and id imagine it cost them a pretty penny along with the stress that came with the positive test i would imagine it must of been hell thats why we need a easy to read list

in other words you don't need a diploma of some medical sort to understand the list after all most pigeon fanicers are normal working class honest people

not quite so true things like caffeine can get you in bother certain natural herbs and these are found in a lot of common products im far from a expert on the matter

but it seems someone had been banned from racing for a pigeon product that contained caffeine they had to fight for weeks to clear there name and id imagine it cost them a pretty penny along with the stress that came with the positive test i would imagine it must of been hell thats why we need a easy to read list

in other words you don't need a diploma of some medical sort to understand the list after all most pigeon fanicers are normal working class honest people

Very true in what you say etc & I'm also not an expert, type of thing. But !!!!!!!! I also remember reading about the saga in regards to a certain flyer on the P/C forum last year & it turned into a debacle in the end in my view. Also many items which flyers buy would have banned substances in them I believe & for what I have read, the way they justify there cause by the manufacturers etc is that you only use them in the off season. Also I have a large bed of differant herbs that I grow for the birds etc & my mind bogglers what natural items/substances could be in them etc that could find there way onto the banned list unfortunately.

Enjoy.

This topic has run its course,what have we learned from it..NOTHING.. but what I would say is that organizations must get their act to-gether,as to weather winners will be tested or not....no maybees,secondly all members must be issued with a list of banned substances,this would have to be a lot clearer than at present,and it must be clearly stated any member found guilty of administering any of these banned substances will be put out of the sport for life.

well how the hell do new comers to the sport know which supplement they can use if they canr trust racing products designed made and sold by pigeon suppliers for racing

unless your a chemist ha

never read any info stating dont use while racing on products supplied by rep/suplier

my point would be if the so called racing pigeon suppliers are legally supplyimg product to the racing pigeon world then surely they should be legal products

fit for our birds consumption

or they shouldnt be supplying them

i use natural products only as well

apart from having a cup of coffee in the morning with my birds hahaha

naw seriously if any other sport shop was selling illegal products to athletes they would be under investigation

if an athlete sourced a drug back street not on the shelf then the athlete would be under investigation

at least in a normal world

but your right its a mine field and things should be made clear to all

Where another problem may lie is most pigeon products come from belg or Holland what's to say the product may pass the drug laws in there own country and not in ours

It may have to come down to the whole of Europe getting togeather to sort out this problem once and for all that may be difficult as we still can't really get around where a ets pad should be or where it should not be with I have to say some of wording by some unions

my point would be if the so called racing pigeon suppliers are legally supplyimg product to the racing pigeon world then surely they should be legal products

fit for our birds consumption

or they shouldnt be supplying them

i use natural products only as well

apart from having a cup of coffee in the morning with my birds hahaha

naw seriously if any other sport shop was selling illegal products to athletes they would be under investigation

if an athlete sourced a drug back street not on the shelf then the athlete would be under investigation

at least in a normal world

but your right its a mine field and things should be made clear to all

agree m8 and the cheats excuse is i had taken something for my cold or flu they know what there doing and what not to take but no dout its a hard one and cheats will say anything to get off with it