Sliding Windows.

Guest nephilim

Guest nephilim

Hey all.

Once the weather sorts itself out. I'm building a new loft, around 24x6 ft. 3 sections. It'll be based on tranter style, with sliding windows. This is where forum users can help. I went some ideas on how to make the windows slide. I have looked on the well known auction site, and found some possible items for sliding gear. What I don't want is the runners that you can get from most of the pigeon supply places. I want them to be invisible from the outside. I'm not to bad with a hammer and screw, and will be having some help from my old dad, who's also retired coachbuilder. All ideas welcome along with any photos. Cheers all.

Guest nephilim

Cheers for all the helpful advice everyone. The sliding windows will roughly 4x2ft. Going for lots of light getting in, as dual purpose. For light and help with circulation of air. Hope to post some photos when I do the build.

Hey all.

Once the weather sorts itself out. I'm building a new loft, around 24x6 ft. 3 sections. It'll be based on tranter style, with sliding windows. This is where forum users can help. I went some ideas on how to make the windows slide. I have looked on the well known auction site, and found some possible items for sliding gear. What I don't want is the runners that you can get from most of the pigeon supply places. I want them to be invisible from the outside. I'm not to bad with a hammer and screw, and will be having some help from my old dad, who's also retired coachbuilder. All ideas welcome along with any photos. Cheers all.

Go to b@q and get the runners for slicing wardrobe doors and then put a pelmet in front to cover the runner s , these get bolted onto the doors so can't be lifted off ,like the normal ones in pigeon lofts .