Lanarkshire Race Programme

Novice

All i can say is that the majority at the Agm thought it was a good idea, given that it was my own idea i am obviously in an opposite mindset from yourself. However differing opinions is almost true of everything in our sport and i suppose this idea is no different, and I wouldn't have it any other way. emoticon-0157-sun.gifemoticon-0157-sun.gif

john it will be interesting to see how many people will go tae this race hope we get free fuel that weekend will let u knw how many go from the two clubs that iam in :animatedpigeons:

Guest TAMMY_1

no the year before m8 and its a bad race point if you get a south east wind the birds dont seem to have time to sort them selves out many of our birds landed in ireland from this race point hope fully it will be west winds this year or there will be heavy losses again

if my memory is right Walter we had a bird in from that race and also another lady member in the club had a Lanarkshire bird in the same weekend,not saying they came from that race but a bit of a coincidence,we are directly north west of there

no the year before m8 and its a bad race point if you get a south east wind the birds dont seem to have time to sort them selves out many of our birds landed in ireland from this race point hope fully it will be west winds this year or there will be heavy losses again

walter your talking sh** this is one of the best racepoints on west side

:animatedpigeons:

Lanarkshire

19.04.14 Otterburn

26.04.14 Otterburn

3.05.14 Appleby

10.05.14 Ingleton

17.05.14 Middleton

24.05.14 Uttoxeter

31.05.14 Warwick

7.06.14 Upper Heyford

14.06.14 Ingleton

21.06.14 Bedhampton (Portsmouth

28.06.14 Appleby

5.07.14 Ypres

Young Birds

19.07.14 Otterburn

26.07.14 Otterburn

2.08.14 Appleby

9.08.14 Appleby

16.08.14 Ingleton

23.08.14 Ingleton

30.08.14 Middleton

6.09.14 Uttoxeter

This is it as far as I am aware unless there have been any changes. This was posted a while back.

aye thats how lanarkshire had doos reported all over ireland m8 i won the race and lost 7 good yearlings in it with 3 in ireland and over half our club was the same i dont talk s t m8 just facts where do you fly

its a good race point if you get a west wind but every time its east its a f k up novo

aye thats how lanarkshire had doos reported all over ireland m8 i won the race and lost 7 good yearlings in it with 3 in ireland and over half our club was the same i dont talk s t m8 just facts where do you fly

steady walter the lad,s just no quiet 100 % if you get ma jist :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

Guest Gareth Rankin

Walter the reason that so many birds got reported in Ireland on the race you refere to was because theyvwere liberated in a strong east wind, winds were reported upto 50mph on the flight path.

Have seen myself races in the past from Newark same distance as Uttoxeter, pigeons were liberated in no wind clear blue skies and many pigeons still getting reported in Ireland.

Always seems to be that when we get over the 200 mile mark that racing becomes erratic, perhaps this maybe down to the orientation of PART of the convoy becoming weaker, as they say distance kills. (Even at 220 miles)

Walter the reason that so many birds got reported in Ireland on the race you refere to was because theyvwere liberated in a strong east wind, winds were reported upto 50mph on the flight path.

Have seen myself races in the past from Newark same distance as Uttoxeter, pigeons were liberated in no wind clear blue skies and many pigeons still getting reported in Ireland.

Always seems to be that when we get over the 200 mile mark that racing becomes erratic, perhaps this maybe down to the orientation of PART of the convoy becoming weaker, as they say distance kills. (Even at 220 miles)

Got to agree with you abt being weaker Gareth, todays pigeons are far more mature and should be raced further as youngsters to test their weaknesses. You will find that your 220 mile statement kicks in from the coast as yearlings a little bit, but not as bad as the 220 mile stage, from birds that have hardly been raced as youngsters. I see it here as well from the fanciers that hardly race youngsters and wonder how they're all lost after 6 weeks as yearlings. Also the 98% rule inevitably will kick in too. Also I canny recall many East Winds at 50mph!!!No even S/E with clear blue skies where you will get losses over shooting the loft.

i dont disagree with you guys but this is not a new thing been happening for years some pigeons just cant handle a south east wind from any race point even your timers are puggled when they come landing on places they never did before ive won the fed section 8 times in east winds but with uttoxeter is as if the birds dont have time to sort them selves out in a south east and imo john its different down the east side because the east birds have to break farther down the road giving them time to get back on there line of flight imo east winds never a true race watch who wins your races in east winds offten its the the guys that win a race every 5 or 10 years then east wind bang out the blue and flying like a coo so and sos in north east is a different ball game takes a good pigeon but east or south east you could time a fantail top the fed and it goes down the next week all east and south easts should be banned i hate them lol but as is the norm in our sport theres always someone has a good race but like i said its jmo and we all have our likes and dislikes good luck to you all guys no matter what the wind