How Do You ?

andy Burgess

it is prohibited to put any kind of droppings be it bird or animal in the bin so i would keep that quite if i was you

The local council here in Derry have a special container at one of their depots for all animal waste and it is used by most of the fanciers in our area to dispose of the waste that is cleaned out in the loft :animatedpigeons:

mines only done every second week and use feed bags then into bin but i thought all the wifes stock piled the message bags andy my missus has them in every drawer you could use a plastic bucket and empty it into the bin then you dont need plastic bags i used to use the old plastic emulsion buckets before i got pigeon lung now an old fancier friends grandson cleans out every second week for me dont know what id do without young andrews help

Guest chad3646

thats right paddymac special containers are needed, the reason i brought this up i took a load of bagged up sh** to the local tip and as you know there is skips for wood ,metal and all sorts

anyway i said to the guy which skip does this go into he asked what it was i told him he said oh you cant dump that in hear you need a special container for that

Guest chad3646

maybe where your at mate but were in cumbria. :emoticon-0136-giggle: the council puts bins out for dog sh** here

same here wisecrack but the dogs cant seem to reach up so the just sh** on the grass lol

thats right paddymac special containers are needed, the reason i brought this up i took a load of bagged up sh** to the local tip and as you know there is skips for wood ,metal and all sorts

anyway i said to the guy which skip does this go into he asked what it was i told him he said oh you cant dump that in hear you need a special container for that

your right chad they tried the same thing with me a few years back they tried to refuse it after the flying rats program on telly but i fought it by telling them dog and cat s t was being dumped every day in there skips and nothing was said the guy said his boss saw the program and that it was bad for your health when i said i was going to the daily record to point this out they relented

Guest philb40

I have a burning bin , I start a fire in it with some bits of wood and when it starts roaring i put all my droppings ,shavings old nest felts etc on the top .

It burns down to next to nothing (v slowly mind)and then i use the ashes on the garden -FREE FERTILISER.

In winter I put the loft scrapings on my garden especially on the rhubarb and it produces fantastic crops.Be aware that it needs time to rot down and will burn/poison plants if put on when the plants are growing.

regards

phil

Guest chad3646

I have a burning bin , I start a fire in it with some bits of wood and when it starts roaring i put all my droppings ,shavings old nest felts etc on the top .

It burns down to next to nothing (v slowly mind)and then i use the ashes on the garden -FREE FERTILISER.

In winter I put the loft scrapings on my garden especially on the rhubarb and it produces fantastic crops.Be aware that it needs time to rot down and will burn/poison plants if put on when the plants are growing.

regards

phil

correct there phil one of the best manures out if dug deep before planting

Some goes to allotments, some on my own garden, If I am stuck some goes to landfill at a council tip but we also have an "organic waste bin" collected weekly which contains everything from garden to food waste. I am thinking about this as an additional source.

we contacted the council and was told it goes in the landfill bin or skip at the yard

My bin men advised me to put it in the garden refuse bin as it would be well received due to the contents being turned into compost however do not put dog droppings in as they are unfit for compost due to them being meat eaters. Never had a problem as I even had a special uplift with no Winter collection for 4 months.

Big old wheelie bin buried in the ground, dug out the depth and width then placed the bin in the hole prior to putting in hole i drilled hundreds of holes in the base and the sides of the bin. Put my droppings in it then every now and then i soak with water with a little Jeys fluid added i think the under ground bugs break it down along with the worms etc etc..