Dol

Guest chad3646

Guest chad3646

do any of use old timers out there remember this race point, or of any one who has done well in it

i remember my father telling me that davie kay from timber town in high blantyre done well one year

Guest Basin View

Put on the 'Rennes Distance' post tonight that J & P Dora, Arbroath also won the Fife/Tayside Combine Dol race with a cock called 'Rocky' the same year they wom the 'Gold Cup' from Rennes with the 'The Fifer'

My uncle David Scott, Brechin , had a high position in the Fife / Tayside Combine race from Dol in 1966, the same hen was timed the following year to be 7th Open SNFC Nantes, 657 miles, she was the dam/gdam of many SNFC Nantes open position winners for David.

do any of use old timers out there remember this race point, or of any one who has done well in it

i remember my father telling me that davie kay from timber town in high blantyre done well one year

Davie Kay from timber town you're going back a long time their Jimmy

Guest chad3646

Davie Kay from timber town you're going back a long time their Jimmy

you would remember it well davie you are a lot older than me lol did you know of him ?

you would remember it well davie you are a lot older than me lol did you know of him ?

Remember him being in the old Blantyre club ( Glasgow Fed ) when I first joined, he died fairly soon after this, remember Andy Shearer getting a mealy hen at the time he called the Kaye hen which bred a lot of winners for him.

The only way I'm older than you would be if you take the school years off your current age just now :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Remember him being in the old Blantyre club ( Glasgow Fed ) when I first joined, he died fairly soon after this, remember Andy Shearer getting a mealy hen at the time he called the Kaye hen which bred a lot of winners for him.

The only way I'm older than you would be if you take the school years off your current age just now :emoticon-0138-thinking:

. :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: