What Have You ?

andy Burgess

I had a deal struck with a friend in Belgium for 6 babies to try, however his moved up in distance from sprint to middle, he was happy to fulfil our deal but asked if I could take from the earlier round, which I was unable to do, so have post poned the deal for one year but is based on the results on his transition but I'm sure he'll still be successful. It's a shame as I was looking forward to testing them, as I know there a versatile family.

I was lucky enough to meet John Salt at Blackpool and he is kindley breeding me some sootgjens for me and the bairn to try.

Also buying 4 in from some old clubmates who hammered me with obs. Tried some off them last year and they flew well. They never do much with young birds so these should be better as yearlings. They have mainly van elsacker lines and were top loft in WDA one year. Also trying some from various ex fed mates one of who. Has 7 x 1st WDA's so quite excited about trying out.

trying some brasspenings (louella) crossed into an old ken hine family to speed them up a bit ,might work or might not well see,i know when i worked with the lurchers and wanted more speed into them a good greyhound was used,and when i wanted stamina and brains a good working collie was used but lost the speed but that was dogs,cant see why it wouldnt work with pigeons,good pigeons.

have you brought in any new strains or families this season ? will you cross with your own ? or are you looking to bring some youngsters in ?? :emoticon-0138-thinking:

a mate of mine bred me some summer bred van loons last year hoping to breed some decent ybs from them :)

Got in some of kipps to cross with the cattryese so fingers crossed they do well :scotland:

very nice birds aswell if i do say say myself all the best wi them .i have 2 new hens in stock both proven breeders of winners .

• 8 months later...

am letting go of all my club and fed and national winning lines an building a team of 500 to600 mile doos to have a crack at the chanel races but its very difficult to part with these doos the best of tam blairs and jim cullen doos which includs sire and dam of my national winner,sire of a gold award winneretc etc but thats what ive got to doo on wards and upwards hope am dooing the right thing!!