Hormoform

neila

have any members tried to make a product like hormoform , and if so any pro's or cons with what you tried

just thinking of making a something like it for breeding

thanks

I dout naebody knows whats in it ,but i can say groats but thats the depth of my knowledge on this one ,sorry but couldnt let it run of page without some answer

I dout naebody knows whats in it ,but i can say groats but thats the depth of my knowledge on this one ,sorry but couldnt let it run of page without some answer

well done Phil , its been discussed on site a good few times , even the "formula" as such has been put up. worth searching for if you have the time :emoticon-0138-thinking:

well done Phil , its been discussed on site a good few times , even the "formula" as such has been put up. worth searching for if you have the time :emoticon-0138-thinking:

yes did have a search but other than what's in the packet in the form of minerals and terms beyond me,no real info in a way its easy to understand , I just wonder if its like a fish meal plus other bits coated onto the wheat

yes did have a search but other than what's in the packet in the form of minerals and terms beyond me,no real info in a way its easy to understand , I just wonder if its like a fish meal plus other bits coated onto the wheat

neil I wish I could have found it for you , from memory it had the formula to make it at home .will try again to see if I can find it ,to be honest though , maybe just as or more expensive for you to buy the ingredients in ?? :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Old Hand.Golden Boost.

2lbs coarse oatmeal

4-tablespoons milk

1 tablespoon salt

3 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons cod liver oil

2 desertspoons fortified cacium concentrate

6 crushed race vitamin tablets

Adjust as required.

ie.electro B instead of vit tabs.Dry out with glucose ?

Old Hand.Golden Boost.

2lbs coarse oatmeal

4-tablespoons milk

1 tablespoon salt

3 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons cod liver oil

2 desertspoons fortified cacium concentrate

6 crushed race vitamin tablets

Adjust as required.

ie.electro B instead of vit tabs.Dry out with glucose ?

quote]

thanks but I was looking for hormoform

Description:

Harkers Hormoform is a complete feed supplement for raising fertile, virile and healthy racing pigeons. It is the basic supplement for any mineral or vitamin deficiency in the basic diet of a racing pigeon.

Use On:

Pigeons

Ingredients:

It contains energy yielding fats and oils, animal and vegetable protein, yeast, cod-liver oil, malt extract, amino acids, vitamins, minerals and trace elements.

Nutritional Analysis:

Protein 9.00%, Oil 9.00%, Fibre 1.80%, Ash 13.00%, Vitamin A 18000 lu/kg, Vitamin D3 5000 lu/kg, Vitamin E (alpha tocopherol) 75 lu/kg.

Description:

Harkers Hormoform is a complete feed supplement for raising fertile, virile and healthy racing pigeons. It is the basic supplement for any mineral or vitamin deficiency in the basic diet of a racing pigeon.

Use On:

Pigeons

Ingredients:

It contains energy yielding fats and oils, animal and vegetable protein, yeast, cod-liver oil, malt extract, amino acids, vitamins, minerals and trace elements.

Nutritional Analysis:

Protein 9.00%, Oil 9.00%, Fibre 1.80%, Ash 13.00%, Vitamin A 18000 lu/kg, Vitamin D3 5000 lu/kg, Vitamin E (alpha tocopherol) 75 lu/kg.

that's a big help ingredient wise, although I guess price was it would not be much of a saving trying to make it

Have had frazer form and homoform on the loft at the same time mine prefer homoform but I'm only paying £30 for a 20kg bag

If your getting it at that price Jac's your definately getting it cheap as most will charge £40 for the 20kg bags. Thats why I stock it up from the various shows I travel to as I buy enough to see me through the season and you always get it at knock down prices.

• 4 years later...

have any members tried to make a product like hormoform , and if so any pro's or cons with what you tried

just thinking of making a something like it for breeding

thanks

Would take a stab at chipped wheat,pealed chipped oats, red mineral, ferti oil, safflower oil, brewers yeast, hemp oil, linseed oil main oil

I would say you need to make up in small quantities as the oils can go rancid quite quickly, especially if stored in plastic tubs in a shed. Years ago we used to put cod liver oil on the grit and mix pink and black minerals with it, but it used to smell off in a few weeks, so only made up enough to last a week. We no longer use cod liver oil haven't done for several years, or brewers yeast don't use that any more either

I would say you need to make up in small quantities as the oils can go rancid quite quickly, especially if stored in plastic tubs in a shed. Years ago we used to put cod liver oil on the grit and mix pink and black minerals with it, but it used to smell off in a few weeks, so only made up enough to last a week. We no longer use cod liver oil haven't done for several years, or brewers yeast don't use that any more either

Spot on redcheqhen it goes rancid very quick if it's not used up