Frecking Slugs

Guest geordiejen

Slugs can be carriers of worm eggs and could infect your pigeons. Any of the methods described will kill them, but diatomious earth may be the only one to stop them coming into the loft. Either that or salt, but the pigeons will also be attracted to the salt and if the slugs have been in it first ......... :)

Guest TAMMY_1

I put copper pipe round our fruit trees as snails or slugs will not go over a copper pipe,got this information from a gardening site that swore by it and since using it myself never had a snail or slug go near them

Mine don't eat them, :animatedpigeons:

my young birds all died in 1993 dropping dead of the perches within minutes of entering loft . got the crop content checked and it was metaldahyde poisoning ie slug pellets turned out my neighbour had scattered them round the border fence of the gardens and my birdas ate them ,Deadly

my young birds all died in 1993 dropping dead of the perches within minutes of entering loft . got the crop content checked and it was metaldahyde poisoning ie slug pellets turned out my neighbour had scattered them round the border fence of the gardens and my birdas ate them ,Deadly

i'v been using the B&Q pellets for years and never had a problem, :animatedpigeons:

i'v been using the B&Q pellets for years and never had a problem, :animatedpigeons:

fine if they dont eat them but deadly if they did try them .

I know my young birds pick up everthing in the garden from weeds to stones slugs etc anything new they have an eat at it lol

fine if they dont eat them but deadly if they did try them .

I know my young birds pick up everthing in the garden from weeds to stones slugs etc anything new they have an eat at it lol

Rab try feeding them doo food lol :animatedpigeons::D

• 2 weeks later...