Frecking Slugs

Guest geordiejen

Guest geordiejen

founda couple of slugs in the feeders thismorning.gave both feeders a scrub with bleach but some birds may have eaten some seed that was lying overnight.every year when its starts to get damp i get these things in abundance.

Guest chad3646

founda couple of slugs in the feeders thismorning.gave both feeders a scrub with bleach but some birds may have eaten some seed that was lying overnight.every year when its starts to get damp i get these things in abundance.

you are to blame the seed should not be left overnight i m o

Open a can of dog meat and leave outside, they love it and wont bother to go in the loft, they have a great sense of smell and wont miss it

General question, do you use Brewers yeast on the grain, or have you in the past in your feeder? A local loft came to me with a similar problem, and his problem was he fed a lot of brewers yeast, the slugs could smell it and would enter for that reason. Leave a bucket half filled with beer outside and see how many slugs you'll find in the morning real eye opener.

put a line of salt along the front of the loft or where ever there coming in it will kill them m8 and they will not cross it

It will kill them, but makes a fecking mess, theres better ways to get the feckers out the road. :P

General question, do you use Brewers yeast on the grain, or have you in the past in your feeder? A local loft came to me with a similar problem, and his problem was he fed a lot of brewers yeast, the slugs could smell it and would enter for that reason. Leave a bucket half filled with beer outside and see how many slugs you'll find in the morning real eye opener.

A would leave it away from the loft, they smell it alright. :animatedpigeons:

this is what you need mate,brush on any surface in the loft, not harmful to the birds.

http://diatomx.co.uk/epages/eshop439661.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eshop439661/Categories/DiatomPest/DiatomPestInfo

http://www.oaktreepoultry.co.uk/diatomaceous-earth.php

put a line of salt along the front of the loft or where ever there coming in it will kill them m8 and they will not cross it

saves me putting this up.also go out with a tub of salt on damp nights a wee touch kills them .mind and pick up the dead and pour boiling water over ground whare they died

A bowl of beer somewhere away from the loft will attract them and do not leave any food in overnight. This will attract more than slugs.

By FAR the best method is the beer. Get down yer local and ask for the beer out of the drip trays, put it into a Margarine tub and put it in the ground near the loft. It will be Full of slugs by morning. No mess or fuss, I give it to the local gardeners and they are AMAZED at the number they find in it.

By FAR the best method is the beer. Get down yer local and ask for the beer out of the drip trays, put it into a Margarine tub and put it in the ground near the loft. It will be Full of slugs by morning. No mess or fuss, I give it to the local gardeners and they are AMAZED at the number they find in it.

Doon in Craigneuk John yer takin a chance leaving drink in yer garden, yill wake up way a garden full awe Jakies.lol or even worse HIGGY.PMSL

Guest chad3646

Doon in Craigneuk John yer takin a chance leaving drink in yer garden, yill wake up way a garden full awe Jakies.lol or even worse HIGGY.PMSL

this p m s l is catching oops there iv,e done it :emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl:

Guest Dorset-lad

A bowl of beer somewhere away from the loft will attract them and do not leave any food in overnight. This will attract more than slugs.

I done this one night, and left gate open, the f**kin dog came in pi**sed up :emoticon-0167-beer::lol::lol: well gutted wished i had it myself :D ,

PS this does work :D

It ends up like a drunken slug orgy, some of them are huge.

Don't recommend salt. My wife puts it on stairs and window cills and birds are never away from them picking at it. The hedgehog sounds funny but its the real deal. When we first came here they came into the front garden. Road kill stopped that a long time ago though.

Guest chad3646

Don't recommend salt. My wife puts it on stairs and window cills and birds are never away from them picking at it. The hedgehog sounds funny but its the real deal. When we first came here they came into the front garden. Road kill stopped that a long time ago though.

hedgehogs

there must still be plenty about, the R S P B put a cull on them on the islands as they were eating all the protected birds eggs