Pigeonbasics Forum: Gutted - Pigeonbasics Forum

Jump to content

Photobucket
  • (7 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gutted i didnt vaccinate all my pigeons Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guestdarren cantrill_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 25 September 2013 - 21:54 PM

im writing this to let you all know I made a massive mistake a few weeks ago and it looks like its going to cost me my old bird race team pigeons that have won 1st fed 2nd fed 5th fed 7thfed numerous other fed and section cards 12 1st prizes 11 2nds etc etc and all because when I boosted my young bird team I was to bloody lazy to do the 8 old birds ive been in tonight and will go in again later to make sure they get water the biggest fool that ever raced pigeons my cock 5 1st prizes 1st fed 2nd fed 17th fed is on his way out only had 14 races my saintes hen first bird I ever sent over the water got me a 10th fed gave her all to home on the hard hot day in july when many struggled to get a pigeon my little grizzle hen who gave me my first win back in the sport last year and numerous 2nds 3rds and 4ths don't make the mistake I have if you value your pigeons make the effort don't be like me a team of yearlings that I didn't deserve gutted !!!!!!!

#2 User is offline   R.A.M.C.63 

  • Old Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 426
  • Joined: 10-July 11
  • LocationNorth of Scotland

Posted 25 September 2013 - 22:10 PM

View Postdarren cantrill, on 25 September 2013 - 21:54 PM, said:

im writing this to let you all know I made a massive mistake a few weeks ago and it looks like its going to cost me my old bird race team pigeons that have won 1st fed 2nd fed 5th fed 7thfed numerous other fed and section cards 12 1st prizes 11 2nds etc etc and all because when I boosted my young bird team I was to bloody lazy to do the 8 old birds ive been in tonight and will go in again later to make sure they get water the biggest fool that ever raced pigeons my cock 5 1st prizes 1st fed 2nd fed 17th fed is on his way out only had 14 races my saintes hen first bird I ever sent over the water got me a 10th fed gave her all to home on the hard hot day in july when many struggled to get a pigeon my little grizzle hen who gave me my first win back in the sport last year and numerous 2nds 3rds and 4ths don't make the mistake I have if you value your pigeons make the effort don't be like me a team of yearlings that I didn't deserve gutted !!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that darren, can i ask with end of season did you have 8 obs in together with ybs,

#3 Guestdarren cantrill_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 25 September 2013 - 22:24 PM

View PostR.A.M.C.63, on 25 September 2013 - 23:10 PM, said:

Sorry to hear that darren, can i ask with end of season did you have 8 obs in together with ybs,



I split the pigeons last week so old hens are in with young hens old cocks are in with young cocks the older birds in their section the young birds moved into the respective old bird sections

#4 Guestdarren cantrill_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 25 September 2013 - 22:37 PM

View Postdarren cantrill, on 25 September 2013 - 23:24 PM, said:

I split the pigeons last week so old hens are in with young hens old cocks are in with young cocks the older birds in their section the young birds moved into the respective old bird sections


I noticed after the second young bird race the young birds went off the boil thought to much training eased off sent the next week took the first 2 but team was fragmented 1 bird missed the landing board and was waddling on the garden spoke to an old friend and as a precaution reboosted the young bird team with pmv vaccine left them at home for 14days but still had a nagging feeling something was wrong some idiot told me I was looking for something that wasn't there I thought ok im being over anxious and still picked up a first and 3rd in one race and a 2nd in another but the rythym had gone out of the birds appetite dropped the odd horrendous mess in a nest box and then big clear wet droppings in the old bird race pen with a squiggly little green worm like faecaes in the middle then this week bang! big white droppings sludge everywhere birds walking into walls falling off perches head spinning etc etc etc but no problems with vaccinated young birds look a picture apart from wading through the yearlings sludge

#5 User is offline   REDCHEQHEN 

  • High Ranking
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 6,150
  • Joined: 5-March 06

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

I have always had some old hens in with my young birds - spare yearling hens and older - the old birds are vaccinated in December/January and the youngsters in May - so far I have never had any problems

Have you involved DEFRA to confirm that this is what you have (PMV)

#6 User is offline   just ask me 

  • High Ranking
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin Team
  • Posts: 15,274
  • Joined: 8-November 07

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostREDCHEQHEN, on 26 September 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

I have always had some old hens in with my young birds - spare yearling hens and older - the old birds are vaccinated in December/January and the youngsters in May - so far I have never had any problems

Have you involved DEFRA to confirm that this is what you have (PMV)




there cases been reported all over the place :emoticon-0138-thinking:

#7 User is offline   Tony C 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sprint Specialist
  • Posts: 6,898
  • Joined: 31-December 05
  • LocationDagenham Essex
  • Club:Dagenham Trades Hall

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

All may not be lost, contact http://www.belgicadeweerd.com/home sorry have no phone number for them.
Brits ahoy
Posted Image
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left
Tony Calverley


#8 User is offline   Delboy 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 14,114
  • Joined: 27-January 08

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

Persevere with your obs m8,if its pmv the torticollis in the neck is unsightly but believe me, if they can get to the water and feed themselves then all will be ok.Also, don't be surprised they come out next year and do even better than this year. ;) Been there, got the t shirt.
Derek Hay, Kirkintilloch

#9 GuestDorset-lad_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostTony C, on 26 September 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

All may not be lost, contact http://www.belgicadeweerd.com/home sorry have no phone number for them.



Try this number, contact Lee Fribbins on 01206 842221

#10 User is offline   walterboswell59 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: question and answers
  • Posts: 8,547
  • Joined: 19-October 12
  • Locationhamilton
  • Club:burnbank

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

dont know how many times ive said this on here if you jag one you must jag them all and when training and racing starts jag nothing again till seasons over jagging is givng the birds the virus i have no dout about it now

#11 User is offline   just ask me 

  • High Ranking
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin Team
  • Posts: 15,274
  • Joined: 8-November 07

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

once for old birds twice for young once when leaving the nest and again in 6 weeks time

#12 User is offline   walterboswell59 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: question and answers
  • Posts: 8,547
  • Joined: 19-October 12
  • Locationhamilton
  • Club:burnbank

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

View Postjust ask me, on 26 September 2013 - 13:41 PM, said:

once for old birds twice for young once when leaving the nest and again in 6 weeks time

wrong way to do it m8 trust me if you want to jag them again after six weeks fine but you have to do all again as you are bringing the virus back into your loft again when you re vacinate and it will attack all old birds stock birds the lot

#13 User is offline   Delboy 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 14,114
  • Joined: 27-January 08

Posted 26 September 2013 - 13:03 PM

I agree with ye Walter but ill give you something to think about,I heard this info recently. The Belgians only jag their birds twice in their life, as ybs and as yearlings. Its finished after that and if you think about it, it maybe makes sense. Mind ye, some people are given the flu vaccination every year, is that necessary ???
Derek Hay, Kirkintilloch

#14 User is offline   just ask me 

  • High Ranking
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin Team
  • Posts: 15,274
  • Joined: 8-November 07

Posted 26 September 2013 - 13:21 PM

View PostDelboy, on 26 September 2013 - 14:03 PM, said:

I agree with ye Walter but ill give you something to think about,I heard this info recently. The Belgians only jag their birds twice in their life, as ybs and as yearlings. Its finished after that and if you think about it, it maybe makes sense. Mind ye, some people are given the flu vaccination every year, is that necessary ???



most belg vac twice old and young also the germans and the dutch its recemened now by some manufacturers and also every vet i know says the same thing :emoticon-0138-thinking:

#15 User is offline   walterboswell59 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: question and answers
  • Posts: 8,547
  • Joined: 19-October 12
  • Locationhamilton
  • Club:burnbank

Posted 26 September 2013 - 13:22 PM

View PostDelboy, on 26 September 2013 - 14:03 PM, said:

I agree with ye Walter but ill give you something to think about,I heard this info recently. The Belgians only jag their birds twice in their life, as ybs and as yearlings. Its finished after that and if you think about it, it maybe makes sense. Mind ye, some people are given the flu vaccination every year, is that necessary ???

dell i aree with you 100 percent m8 the problem is every one has to do the same and at the same time of year or your birds will get it from the vacinated birds as soon as they come into contact with them training racing showing or a stray in or on your loft thats why i say jag all or take the chance and jag none

#16 User is offline   just ask me 

  • High Ranking
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin Team
  • Posts: 15,274
  • Joined: 8-November 07

Posted 26 September 2013 - 13:23 PM

View Postwalterboswell59, on 26 September 2013 - 13:54 PM, said:

wrong way to do it m8 trust me if you want to jag them again after six weeks fine but you have to do all again as you are bringing the virus back into your loft again when you re vacinate and it will attack all old birds stock birds the lot



does it do the same thing after the first vac

my old birds are done after the last race

#17 User is offline   Delboy 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 14,114
  • Joined: 27-January 08

Posted 26 September 2013 - 13:43 PM

View Postjust ask me, on 26 September 2013 - 14:21 PM, said:

most belg vac twice old and young also the germans and the dutch its recemened now by some manufacturers and also every vet i know says the same thing :emoticon-0138-thinking:


What your basically saying J.a.m is the guy that told me this is talking crap. Ill let him know his info is incorrect. I believe this info came from a pigeon agent who frequents Belgium fanciers lofts every other week :emoticon-0138-thinking:
Derek Hay, Kirkintilloch

#18 User is offline   walterboswell59 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: question and answers
  • Posts: 8,547
  • Joined: 19-October 12
  • Locationhamilton
  • Club:burnbank

Posted 26 September 2013 - 13:56 PM

View Postjust ask me, on 26 September 2013 - 14:21 PM, said:

most belg vac twice old and young also the germans and the dutch its recemened now by some manufacturers and also every vet i know says the same thing :emoticon-0138-thinking:

if thats the case it means the vaccine is not doing what its suppose to and thats protect the bird for 12 months what is not sinking in with some guys is this is not a cure it only helps the birds fight it off the vaccine is not the problem its the way its being used incorrectly thats giving us all a problem if it was reported to the maff how this vaccine is being used they would stop us from racing why do you think they print on there leaflets that you get with it birds should be kept in for 14 days after vaccination because if you dont your birds are spreading the virus every where in and around your loft and the more often you jag the more often you expose them to this virus it does not matter how many times you jag them it does not stop the virus attacking every bird in the loft every time one bird is exposed to it the cycle will never be broken untill we go back to vaccinating the way we were taught to by the maff and that is all birds in all clubs vaccinated at the same time then the vaccine runs its course and after the 14 days its dead every where untill some muppet thinks they know better and jags a few and it all starts up again stick to the way the maff showed us to do it and this problem will go away no more young bird sickness imo and ill say no more

#19 User is offline   Delboy 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 14,114
  • Joined: 27-January 08

Posted 26 September 2013 - 14:04 PM

View Postwalterboswell59, on 26 September 2013 - 14:56 PM, said:

if thats the case it means the vaccine is not doing what its suppose to and thats protect the bird for 12 months what is not sinking in with some guys is this is not a cure it only helps the birds fight it off the vaccine is not the problem its the way its being used incorrectly thats giving us all a problem if it was reported to the maff how this vaccine is being used they would stop us from racing why do you think they print on there leaflets that you get with it birds should be kept in for 14 days after vaccination because if you dont your birds are spreading the virus every where in and around your loft and the more often you jag the more often you expose them to this virus it does not matter how many times you jag them it does not stop the virus attacking every bird in the loft every time one bird is exposed to it the cycle will never be broken untill we go back to vaccinating the way we were taught to by the maff and that is all birds in all clubs vaccinated at the same time then the vaccine runs its course and after the 14 days its dead every where untill some muppet thinks they know better and jags a few and it all starts up again stick to the way the maff showed us to do it and this problem will go away no more young bird sickness imo and ill say no more


Spot on :emoticon-0167-beer:
Derek Hay, Kirkintilloch

#20 User is offline   REDCHEQHEN 

  • High Ranking
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 6,150
  • Joined: 5-March 06

Posted 26 September 2013 - 14:31 PM

How can a DEAD vaccine (only dead PMV vaccines are approved in this country for pigeons) give birds a live virus ( answer - it cannot) something else is happening (but it is not the vaccine causing it)

  • (7 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


  • Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders