Gutted

Guest darren cantrill

I think vaccinating YBs twice within weeks for PMV is a money-making scam as it just doesn't make clinical sense to me. This vaccine is supposed to confer immunity within 14 days. The reason we are told the newly vaccinated birds are not to mix with others within those 14 days is to prevent them from picking up PMV from them - not the other way round. The vaccinated YB becomes immune after 14 days when it has 'fought off' the virus in the vaccine and developed antibodies against it, which can now instantly recognise the virus. So 7 days after attaining Immunity the YB is jagged again - and those antibodies immediately attack the vaccine - and inactivate it.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i came home with 2 youngsters from the sale on Sunday and had 2 just ready to wean in my stock loft. Vaccinated the 4 Yb's today and all my stock birds, the 4 Yb's i shifted in beside my Yb racing team.

I will be 100% honest with you all when i feed back how they got on.

Reading some posts would suggest my race team should be done again to protect them from the 4 new introductions, i disagree with this but as i say i will let you's know in a couple of weeks if there is any problems in the Yb loft.

Can't remember Ever having a problem putting late breds in with my older Yb's who have been vaccinated when leaving the nest in April/May and i do it every year.

you will not see much difference in your old birds john as they are not under the stress of training or racing but it will attack them some worse than others they will go on a wee downer but are ok in about ten days or so diff story if you try to race them m8 also what your old birds get off them can reinfect the birds you have just jagged and they dont recover hope im wrong for your yb sake m8

walter you have your opinion i have mine all i can tell you is what my experences are and what every vet i know is telling people to do which is to jab twice as young birds

within 2 year we will all be told to vaccinate the young birds twice by the manufactures its been happining in germany and holland also i belive

a vet has just posted on the same topic on another forum he states that 1 jab to young birds does not give you full protection also to vaccinate at 3 weeks old and again 4 weeks after

the maff over rule any vets jam and thats the way we were told to do it by maff every bird in club at the same time and when it was done that way there was no youngbird sickness is what im saying this virus is being kept alive by people all jagging at differnt times and like i said if you need to jag twiced there is somthing wrong with the vaccine and 99 percent of vets no nothing of pigeons m8 dont let anyone kid you the vaccine is causing the problem i dont know why but i know what it does when not used in the correct manner

How can a DEAD vaccine (only dead PMV vaccines are approved in this country for pigeons) give birds a live virus ( answer - it cannot) something else is happening (but it is not the vaccine causing it)

I also think this is true, a dead vaccine cannot mutate back to the disease causing form.

does anybody know anything different ?

soupie

chill walter, I'm not questioning your theory, I'm merely stating that I dont think a dead vaccine would be able to "go live" ...

soupie

Sean ...Walter has got no theory..just experience for a few years and then realising what he done wrong. He has shared his findings with us ..for that i applaud him, when most wouldnt.

I believe that vaccinated birds can and will pass adenovirus to our birds if mixed...the dead vaccine will not go live with pmv. But bad or out of date vaccines will increase the risk of catching pmv.

jmo

Mick

youse win i give up get on with it your self ive proved it to me dont need to prove it to anyone else never heard anyone else explain how we get youngbird sickness and for your info people who get the dead vacine flu jag most get the flu so its p s m8

Wrong Walter - I have had flu vaccines for years and don't think I have ever had flu since having the vaccine - It is a myth saying most people get the flu - they don't - I am no longer 'entitled' to a free flu vaccine as of this year - and I am prepared to pay for it myself !!

Wrong Walter - I have had flu vaccines for years and don't think I have ever had flu since having the vaccine - It is a myth saying most people get the flu - they don't - I am no longer 'entitled' to a free flu vaccine as of this year - and I am prepared to pay for it myself !!

as a bird keeper if regestered with Defra ..or DARD our end ...your entitled to free Jabs regardless of circumstances.

atb

Mick

i never said it does soupie in fact ive said its not pm thats coming through the birds its what we call ybs and the vets call that adenovirus i dont honestly know what it is but something is going through them every time we vacinate our yb and it afects our old birds for a few weeks and if you dont treat them the secondary infections move in thrush canker and cocci which result in heavey losses with your old birds and they inturn will give ybs back to your newly vaccinated yb who cant fight it because there imune system is working over time fighting the pm vaccine this is what ive been studying for 5 or more years now and i still make mistakes and you will not see it in your old birds unless you know what to look for you will just know your results are getting worse and your losing good birds and you dont know why there sick thats why m8

you will not see much difference in your old birds john as they are not under the stress of training or racing but it will attack them some worse than others they will go on a wee downer but are ok in about ten days or so diff story if you try to race them m8 also what your old birds get off them can reinfect the birds you have just jagged and they dont recover hope im wrong for your yb sake m8

Like i said Watty, i will be 100% truthful with everyone. I'm off work until Tuesday so will be able to monitor them properly, and i finish up next weekend for a week too so i will update around the middle of that week, approx 14 days from today. atb mate.

as a bird keeper if regestered with Defra ..or DARD our end ...your entitled to free Jabs regardless of circumstances.

atb

Mick

for every one you know that does not get the flu i know ten that does m8 my own father was in bed for a week every time he got it everyone is different just like it affects some pigeons worse than others the flu jab is not to stop you getting flu its to help you fight it when you do get it just like the pmv anyway here im away again and i said i was not getting back into this if anyone finds a better explaination id like to here it as everything i said on this subject was proven by trial and error all i say is dont knock anything you have not tried and vets do not always work in our favour your money is there no one hope all your birds stay healthy good luck to you

I agree with Walter, I have to have the flu jab for health reasons but still get it, what it does is to help so you don't get it as bad, it does not stop you getting it

my wife who pays for hers and still gets it as well, last years was the worst bout I've had since starting them

thanks buster and there must be many more on here the same m8 i rest my case m lud lol

I got it 5 years running due to the type of work i do and i never as much as sneezed in all that time. However i remember my Da getting it for health reasons, and the flu he took after it lasted for weeks, my wee mam refuses point blank to have it because of that. So like most Meds its not always one type suits all!! We are all different and in different states of health, so it is unlikely we would all respond the same way to any vaccination. jmo.

I got it 5 years running due to the type of work i do and i never as much as sneezed in all that time. However i remember my Da getting it for health reasons, and the flu he took after it lasted for weeks, my wee mam refuses point blank to have it because of that. So like most Meds its not always one type suits all!! We are all different and in different states of health, so it is unlikely we would all respond the same way to any vaccination. jmo.

yes and every animal is the same,all our horses on here are all different breeds and are therefore vaccinated accordingly to the owners personal specifications

I have the flu jab every year and have never had the flu after having the jab

only cause yir to miserable to take it :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: get the flu jab every year now cause am diabetic and never take flu like before i got jab always took the flu once a year so works ok for me :001: